Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Here is a nice stat:

The third place playoff game in the World Cup Finals has been something of a curse in the last twenty years.

In 1990 the third place playoff game was between England and Italy.

England (famously) failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 1994.

In 1994 the third place playoff game was between Sweden and Bulgaria.

Sweden failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 1998.

In 1998 the third place playoff game was between Holland and Croatia.

Holland failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 2002.

In 2002 the third place playoff game was between South Korea and Turkey.

Turkey failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 2006.

In 2006 the third place playoff game was between Germany and Portugal...

In a similar vein:

The loser of Super Bowl XXXII (1998) was the Green Bay Packers

The Packers were knocked out after one game in the 1999 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XXXIII (1999) was the Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons failed to qualify for the 2000 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XXXIV (2000) was the Tennessee Titans

The Titans were knocked out after one game in the 2001 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XXXV (2001) was the New York Giants

The Giants failed to qualify for the 2002 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XXXVI (2002) was the St. Louis Rams

The Rams failed to qualify for the 2003 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XXXVII (2003) was the Oakland Raiders

The Raiders failed to qualify for the 2004 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XXXVIII (2004) was the Carolina Panthers

The Panthers failed to qualify for the 2005 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XXXIX (2005) was the Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles failed to qualify for the 2006 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XL (2006) was the Seattle Seahawks

The Seahawks were knocked out after one playoff game in the 2007 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XLI (2007) was the Chicago Bears

The Bears failed to qualify for the 2008 playoffs

The loser of Super Bowl XLII (2008) was the New England Patriots.

The Patriots failed to qualify for the 2009 playoffs.

The loser of Super Bowl XLIII (2009) was the Arizona Cardinals

??????????

So to summarize, the losers of the previous Super Bowl have an aggregate playoff record of: zero wins, three losses, and eight failures to qualify

• 2 weeks later...

The first nude photograph(s) were uploaded onto the internet by a registered user of the "Alter-Net" Adults Only Areas on October 4th, 1985, which consisted of a scan of one of Madonna's Nude photographs from the September 1985 issue of Playboy, and, the user's wife, in a matching pose.

The first nude photograph(s) were uploaded onto the internet by a registered user of the "Alter-Net" Adults Only Areas on October 4th, 1985, which consisted of a scan of one of Madonna's Nude photographs from the September 1985 issue of Playboy, and, the user's wife, in a matching pose.
In honour of this, I propose we designate October 4th "Saint Rob's Day".

The 1904 Olympic Marathon was amazing!

The winner was disqualified for riding 11 miles in a car, before the car broke down so he decided to run the rest of the way. The people who finished 2nd and 3rd were disqualified for taking rat poison as a performance enhancer. The race featured the first 2 black africans to compete in the Olympics (they were originally there as part of a side show). They did rather well. One of them could have won it but he was chased over a mile off course by a dog.

Finally, the man who finished 4th was a Cuban Postman who quit his job to compete. he was very good, and probably could have won it, but halfway round he got hungry. After he stole some peaches from a marshall he wandered into an orchard and ate some apples. Unfortunately the apples were rotten so he felt sick and had to have a lie down before continuing the race and finishing 4th.

Incidentally the eventual winner was Tom Hicks, a British born American, although he was so doped up on drugs and alcohol he had to be carried over the line.

The winner was disqualified for riding 11 miles in a car, before the car broke down so he decided to run the rest of the way. The people who finished 2nd and 3rd were disqualified for taking rat poison as a performance enhancer. The race featured the first 2 black africans to compete in the Olympics (they were originally there as part of a side show). They did rather well. One of them could have won it but he was chased over a mile off course by a dog.

Finally, the man who finished 4th was a Cuban Postman who quit his job to compete. he was very good, and probably could have won it, but halfway round he got hungry. After he stole some peaches from a marshall he wandered into an orchard and ate some apples. Unfortunately the apples were rotten so he felt sick and had to have a lie down before continuing the race and finishing 4th.

Incidentally the eventual winner was Tom Hicks, a British born American, although he was so doped up on drugs and alcohol he had to be carried over the line.

That is incredible. :D

That is incredible. :D
I could have won that race but I stopped in the pub halfway round.

In honour of this, I propose we designate October 4th "Saint Rob's Day".

:hooray::crylaugh:

That is from QI.

(the marathon fact)

And therefore probably bollocks.

It is from QI but Idid somereading up and it appears to be true. Although whether the guys who took rat poison were disqualified seems to be debateable as apparently it was all legal back then.

Thisis Hicks being carried

olympic2.jpg

And this is the cuban fella. He ran in street clothes but they made him cut the arms and legs off before he ran

olympic5.jpg

The whole of the 1904 olympics seem to be a farce if you read up about it.

At Villa Park I have only ever had a piss once. That was in the Witton Lane stand that was there until they built the Doug Ellis stand. In 1989 (the piss that is).

Although once when Villa were playing Orient away I had a shit, which was fun as in those days the 3 standing sides of their ground at Brisbane Road boasted a total of ZERO pools to drop the kiddies off at. The story of "What Happened Next" is indeed an unsavoury one.

I once also had to curl one off at halftime at Middlesbrough's old ground, Ayresome Park, and then couldn't get out and had to ask a Smoggie for help (He kicked the door in with his Doctor Martens).

I do not have a cat. Therefore I do not understand why you think I might wish to purchase a device for heating one.

Furthermore it is really very simple to go say 2 hours without urinating. I have managed to achieve this every single night of my life since I was under two years old.

And you sir? Oh dear, sorry, if I'd known I would never have asked.

Are you Tony Adams?

Â