Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

The inventor of Subbuteo, Peter Adolph, wanted to originally call his game "the Hobby". However, he wasn't granted a trademark for the name.

The Eurasian Hobby is a bird native to Europe and Asia and in latin it's name is "Falco Subbuteo", hence the name, subbuteo.

If you pour a full cup of coffee into a Sky Remote, it stops working. "Well that's hardly a revelation!" I hear you cry...

However, if you place said Sky Remote on a full cycle in the washing machine and allow it to dry for 12 hours, it works perfectly again.

Most failures like that are down to liquid causing short circuits. If you kill the power straight away and remove the liquid (ie, dry it out) then it should work fine. Its easier with a remote control I guess because its not drawing power unless you press one of the buttons.

On a related note, if your mom's dog spills a millilitre of Pepsi Max into your keyboard it will simultaneously destroy your motherboard, keyboard, CPU and power supply.

And your mom won't even offer to pay for the sodding thing. (Thanks mom's dog!)

I managed to hit BOTH posts with a shot at football last night. It's a better story the fact that it didn't go in!

John Carew did that for Norway against the jocks

I managed to hit BOTH posts with a shot at football last night. It's a better story the fact that it didn't go in!

John Carew did that for Norway against the jocks

I managed it last week while playing. My effort went in too!

Unfortunately for me, it was a (rather spectacular) own goal. :(

On a related note, if your mom's dog spills a millilitre of Pepsi Max into your keyboard it will simultaneously destroy your motherboard, keyboard, CPU and power supply.

And your mom won't even offer to pay for the sodding thing. (Thanks mom's dog!)

typical americans, lay off the pepsi max

Some species of lizard (e.g. Komodo dragons) can reproduce asexually if there is a shortage of males.

Anybody who read (watched?) Jurassic Park knew that...

It's still trivial and useless though.

Unless you're a lizard.

My neighbour used to play for the polish national team in football and on his first training session he did a tunnel on Zbigniew Boniek (best polish player ever)
I'll bet Boniek twatted him for that.

Boniek and Platini, villa Park, March 1983

Bloody hell they were good

Â