Reading FC

Villaphan04

Reading FC | Club statement | Embargo status and proposed sale of the club

Reading Football Club can confirm that a sum owed to HMRC and due by Friday 22nd September 2023 remains outstanding.

In exceeding the default period, the club reported this breach and has again been placed under a registration embargo with immediate effect. It will remain in place until the breach has been remedied. 

The club continues to suffer significant cashflow issues and, in striving to establish sources of stable external investment, we can confirm that there has been significant interest from a number of parties seeking involvement in the club. 

Discussions and due diligence processes with a number of these potential investors continue apace. Our owner, Mr Dai, is openly inviting further credible offers of interest and declarations of intent from parties eager to pursue a potential sale of the club.

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It all seems to be a case of live fast, Dai Yongge to me 😁

We did well to rid ourselves of Tony Xia before the damage he was doing became irreparable. Its a sad state of affairs at Reading, which could easily have been us.

I mean the damage was pretty much irreparable without billionaire investment, Xia was down to remortgaging 3 bed semis the club owned in Erdington to pay some wages for a couple of weeks.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

as @The_Steveposted in another thread, the situation with Reading is extremely dire. Today, fans stormed the pitch and caused the match to be abandoned. 

They were in a similar situation to us when we had Xia, but they haven't been able to get sold.

On 01/10/2023 at 08:10, The_Steve said:

The EFL isn’t fit for purpose. Very sad to see more shoddy owners bleeding clubs dry. This was totally avoidable with due diligence. 

I think I read somewhere that this owner, Dai, was rejected by the PL due diligence before taking over reading. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

as @The_Steveposted in another thread, the situation with Reading is extremely dire. Today, fans stormed the pitch and caused the match to be abandoned. 

They were in a similar situation to us when we had Xia, but they haven't been able to get sold.

I think I read somewhere that this owner, Dai, was rejected by the PL due diligence before taking over reading. 

He nearly bought Hull but not sure why didn't go through

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

They should never have allowed the Welsh in. 

Edited by sidcow

Can't blame the fans for their actions today. Dai is infamous for buying clubs and slowly destroying them, it's disgusting the way he is being allowed to run that club. 

Sadly, without urgent action, I suspect Reading won't exist for much longer. 

Yongge Dai should not have ever got approval to begin with. Especially with the failed Hull buyout. If they had no issues, why did the EFL insist on enhanced financial monitoring if they were fit and proper to begin with? The whole thing stank. It's really just sad to see.

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

EFL now telling their owner to fund the club or sell. You let him buy it to begin with! 

Which isn't something that happens overnight. I hope they're not completely **** over, but it doesn't look good at all for them. 

Â