Weekends Football 15/17 September

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Shows without toney they are a very ordinary side

I thought Brentford were impressive, but with Toney, they might have won, for sure. Shows you how Toney's behaviour and loss have truly hurt his club not to mention himself.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

They have a pretty poor defence and little depth in that position

It’s a bit suspect and no real #6 besides Endo can get them in trouble. 

But a wealth of attacking options and an actual midfield now that Hendo’s **** off should have them as a dark horse to City/Arsenal title chase. 

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Having Cardiff and Swansea as an evening game. Isn't that tempting fate a bit?

Thought it was just me. Been out drinking, come to the final bar and see this on, assumed it was a replay. I thought it was the “Welsh derby” and as such not something that’s suitable for 8pm on a Saturday.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Shows without toney they are a very ordinary side

This was their first loss of the season. They lost 5-1 at Newcastle last year with Toney playing. Any win v Brentford is hard fought unless they have a real off day.

Just watching Spurs highlights and was there genuinely no serious injury in the second half? I know the extreme clampdown on timewasting but come on no one can say all the dithering over throw ins/goal kicks added up to over 10 minutes.

Palace had two injury delays to Sam Johnstone and Richards and we "only" got 9. Spurs made a triple sub on 80 minutes and Sheffield United actually only used 3 subs so it seems incredibly generous amount of time Spurs had to work with.

Very annoying as that would've been the perfect result to puncture the Angeball hysteria that is growing in the media.

Â