Train strike

The Fun Factory

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Probably going to have to give my ticket back to the club for this game, how does it work? Will they give me a fair price for it if I sell it back to them? 

Managed to sort transport to the game, getting the 08:15 from Pool Meadow Bus Station in Cov which takes 40 mins to get to birmingham coach station. Will get to Birmingham nice and early before 9 so will head toward the ground for a few drinks beforehand. Do you still need to pay to get into the witton arms? Not been since it changed management. Crazy how there is no direct bus service from nuneaton to birmingham, i suppose stagecoach have a stranglehold on the town and national express go between cities, still annoying!

Edited by Villatillidie95

It's an ASLEF strike so the train drivers will be the ones who are on the picket line.  There won't be a rail replacement bus service (or at least there shouldn't be) and the companies out include Avanti West Coast, Chiltern, Cross Country, London Nortwestern and West Midlands trains.  There will be no trains through Moor Street or Snow Hill.  New Street will get an hourly service in each direction on the Wales-Shrewsbury-Wolverhampton-Smethwick-New Street-Birmingham International route.  If you live on that line you can at least get into town, but expect the trains to be rammed unless you're getting on at International.  

Yeah the above is correct, there is no rail replacement buses running in my neck of the woods so need to go and get a national express/megabus service from a coach station. I'm getting into Brimingham coach station at 08:55 and then either going to walk or get the bus into aston and go for a drink beforehand. I'm able to get a lift back from star city after the game and a lift to cov to get the coach in the first place so whilst its a bit of a faff and having to leaver earlier then I would usually, im happy that i can get to the game and have time for a few drinks beforehand at least

On 26/09/2023 at 16:13, Villatillidie95 said:

Managed to sort transport to the game, getting the 08:15 from Pool Meadow Bus Station in Cov which takes 40 mins to get to birmingham coach station. Will get to Birmingham nice and early before 9 so will head toward the ground for a few drinks beforehand. Do you still need to pay to get into the witton arms? Not been since it changed management. Crazy how there is no direct bus service from nuneaton to birmingham, i suppose stagecoach have a stranglehold on the town and national express go between cities, still annoying!

Think it's £3 to get into the Witton Arms now

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

I normally drive to Tame Bridge Parkway and get the train from there, where is a good place to park tomorrow? Not parked near the ground for ages.

If you want free parking there is lots of parking off the trinity road nearer the takeaways, bevington road etc and that way, the closer to kick off the harder it is too park. Otherwise star city is free

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wife is parking at Star City then walking to the ground from there. 

Wish I’d have done that. I parked at the Y International car park. Still sat in the car, haven’t even started it up yet, it’s all stuck in gridlock.  

Â