Travel/Social

wedge

Would have been rude not to so have coincided us playing in Alkmaar with arranging my stag do in Amsterdam! Going out Thursday early morning to the Saturday lunchtime, judging by a quick scan on social media this seems to be the most popular amongst the Villa masses, be a delight to witness Amsterdam and Alkmaar awash with claret and blue, see you there!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Keen to find out a bit more about plans for Amsterdam. Travelling without tickets. Apparently Brighton have their own area for ticket-less fans for Ajax but sceptical this will be put on for us given it's in Alkmaar - but also someone on Twitter said they won't show the game anywhere in Alkmaar. So stay in Amsterdam?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Keen to find out a bit more about plans for Amsterdam. Travelling without tickets. Apparently Brighton have their own area for ticket-less fans for Ajax but sceptical this will be put on for us given it's in Alkmaar - but also someone on Twitter said they won't show the game anywhere in Alkmaar. So stay in Amsterdam?

Just stay in the Grasshopper, They do some lovely cakes :D

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Yep the latest moms podcast mentions they have an area set up in Amsterdam. That's where we will head for

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/10/2023 at 18:55, gilbertoAVFC said:

Seen Susie's Salon and Sports Bar mentioned on a few socials that folks appear to be meeting up at. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bZuRNAKJobeVDuvcA 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/10/2023 at 18:55, gilbertoAVFC said:

someone on Twitter said they won't show the game anywhere in Alkmaar. So stay in Amsterdam?

The dam would be my first choice for this even though Rotterdam is my favourite city, Just wouldn't trust Feyenoord fans with the English as they play at home tonight against Lazio. 

I lived there some 15/20 years ago and remember them absolutely battering a load of Blackburn fans with half of them ending up in the canal. 

On 24/10/2023 at 10:55, Kingman said:

Seen Susie's Salon and Sports Bar mentioned on a few socials that folks appear to be meeting up at. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bZuRNAKJobeVDuvcA 

Looks like it's either Susie's, O'Reilly's or Three Sisters. We'll try all three and just stick to whichever one looks liveliest tbh lol.

All relatively close to Dam Square

31 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Just had our flight cancelled tomorrow morning by KLM. They offered me a flight at 8pm tomorrow instead. Excellent!

That the 9.15am from Brum mate? 

There is availability on the 13.10 if any good to you?

Edited by Kingman

3 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Looks like it's either Susie's, O'Reilly's or Three Sisters. We'll try all three and just stick to whichever one looks liveliest tbh lol.

All relatively close to Dam Square

Just seen a few online clips of Sussies and Big shots getting lively 

Â