Visiting Birmingham

KennyC6270

19 hours ago, KennyC6270 said:

Hi Villa fans. Hoping you have a great season. Im a home and away Hibernian supporter. Hoping all you people coming to Easter Road on Wed have a great day, but not a great night lol.

Truthfully though, if we play how weve started our two league games and our league cup tie yesterday yous will have a great night as we are rank rotten, and yous will pummel us.

Im looking forward to a couple of days in Birmingham next week, and to have a few beers, no matter what the score is we just drink and sing, as we are immune to defeat.

Just after a few comments from some of you....you think it will be close? you think the same as me??

Anyway, hoping for a great atmosphere at both games. May the best team win.

PS If your not aware a great favourite of mine who also played for Villa Des Bremner is handing the ball to the match referee on Wed. Sure yous will give him a cheer.

Cheers...KennyC

Welcome Kenny 

I have to say i was impressed with hibs in 2nd leg (missed 1st leg) but you look quite tricky so we certainly need to be good to progress.

Unfortunately your manager is not very well likes by us as he has said a few bad things about us in the past but thats not a reflection on hibs. We have a lot of respect for your club when we signed mcginn.

Let the best team win!

Our manager is not very well liked by us either. He will be the first manager sacked in the SPL this season. Hes hanging on by a thread now. This game might just be enough to shove him off the high wire lol.

As were coming down next Thursday Demitri, can you recommend a big away bar we can have a nice refreshment in and a good old sing song??

Thank you for your reply.

PS Hope Super has a nightmare tonight!!! hahahahaha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KennyC6270 said:

Our manager is not very well liked by us either. He will be the first manager sacked in the SPL this season. Hes hanging on by a thread now. This game might just be enough to shove him off the high wire lol.

As were coming down next Thursday Demitri, can you recommend a big away bar we can have a nice refreshment in and a good old sing song??

Thank you for your reply.

PS Hope Super has a nightmare tonight!!! hahahahaha

For pubs near the ground I believe The Witton Arms is a good one that's away fan friendly. I met a couple of Chelsea supporting mates there after a game once and it was good. Perfect for the louder away following. That was a couple of years ago though so might be worth double checking my info.

For pubs in the centre of Birmingham you'll be fine anywhere I would imagine but may have to cut back on the singing a bit. I'd recommend somewhere like The Head of Steam. Short walk from the station (if you're coming by train), lots of good beer and lots of screens (not that that will be a huge factor on a Thursday evening but still). Villa Park is a short train journey/taxi ride from the centre of Birmingham

Trocadero, Lloyds Bar and the Briar Rose are popular bars for supporters of various hues.  

The Old Joint Stock up by Colmore Row for something a little different (not necessarily a sing song bar, though it is attached to a theatre 😆). Walkabout and plenty of other bars up by Broad Street/ Mailbox as well. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

For pubs near the ground I believe The Witton Arms is a good one that's away fan friendly.

Home fans only, don't be directing away fans here 😅

@KennyC6270 best advice is to stay in city centre pubs/bars, there are no pubs in the vicinity of Villa Park even remotely away fan friendly, all very partisan and strictly Villa fans only.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wedge said:

Home fans only, don't be directing away fans here 😅

@KennyC6270 best advice is to stay in city centre pubs/bars, there are no pubs in the vicinity of Villa Park even remotely away fan friendly, all very partisan and strictly Villa fans only.

Is it not split half home half away?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think they've changed it for this season and made it all home.

Yes this is correct, Was in there against Everton. Full of Villa and a band playing out the back 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yes - it used to be a popular away pub but is now home fans only on match day.

https://www.facebook.com/people/The-Witton-Arms/100075851598593/

Cheers

apologies @KennyC6270, think you're better off sticking to the city centre for pre match drinks. Not that I think there would be any trouble around the ground, there's no rivalry there and think all villa fans would respect you guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KennyC6270 said:

WELL WELL WELL were we taught a lesson last night. Well done Villa. No wonder the Scottish game isnt a large topic down south. Seriously though Villa are mid table team and not really up there with the BIG Guns, omg, yous are miles and miles ahead of any Scottish team. I really think yous should be or will soon be up there mixing it with the others. Good luck with the rest of your season, and I will be watching every game yous play in the conference, hope you win it, so we can say atleast we got beat of the winners!! haha.

Loads of us coming down next Thursday for a good drink and sing song.!! Loads without tickets lol. Please be gentle and maybe play your ladies team??? haha Good Luck guys

This Villa side really isn't a mid table team though. We finished one point off 6th last season having been 16th when Emery took over in November. Its closer to a 3rd, 4th, 5th team under Emery. I think Hibs have a much tighter game last night against Brentford, Palace, Fulham etc.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Cheers

apologies @KennyC6270, think you're better off sticking to the city centre for pre match drinks. Not that I think there would be any trouble around the ground, there's no rivalry there and think all villa fans would respect you guys.

They definitely are, and I agree with your second comment however if any over-inebriated Hibs fans start coming out with any anti-English bile it might be a different story! I know their fans are in a different stratosphere in terms of bigotry to their Old Firm Glasweigan neighbours (in a good sense) but any pro-IRA chants might end with a thick lip/broken nose as well as still a sore subject in our city following the 1974 pub bombings, many Villa fans support the Justice for the 21 campaign for the victim's families and there are people collecting money for their campaign regularly around Villa Park on matchday. If I'm way wide of the mark in assuming many Hibs are of a similar political/reglious allegiance to Celtic then please forgive me.

20 hours ago, turvontour said:

This Villa side really isn't a mid table team though. We finished one point off 6th last season having been 16th when Emery took over in November

I think that's his point to be fair. We're probably perceived to be a midtable team but we're actually better than that

23 hours ago, KennyC6270 said:

WELL WELL WELL were we taught a lesson last night. Well done Villa. No wonder the Scottish game isnt a large topic down south. Seriously though Villa are mid table team and not really up there with the BIG Guns, omg, yous are miles and miles ahead of any Scottish team. I really think yous should be or will soon be up there mixing it with the others. Good luck with the rest of your season, and I will be watching every game yous play in the conference, hope you win it, so we can say atleast we got beat of the winners!! haha.

Loads of us coming down next Thursday for a good drink and sing song.!! Loads without tickets lol. Please be gentle and maybe play your ladies team??? haha Good Luck guys

Enjoy your day at villa park. We probably will play a weakened team so i would be suprised if you got a result 

But we would have to be monumentally shot to lose 5 or more goals

You need to get rid of johnson. Awful manager

• Like 1

Â