Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

image.png.dd2b32eb9aa5aa46d5892766012aebe9.png image.png.60a2c9f5ac88ae6eb8d660e57820525c.pngimage.png.d5ee32b6e05995d053d1f7b3b5fbfca0.png image.png.36abf117ee11f7835a798980715a205f.png 

Above is a sample list of players who 'looked poor' if you took six games for Aston Villa as a sample size. 

I can make a list of another 10 or so players if you like. 

Not sure if that's a troll or if I feel sorry for your opinion. 

I don’t think Digne was poor after 6 games? Ramsey was also VERY young. 

I’m hoping Zaniolo improves, I’m just saying he’s been poor so far. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think Digne was poor after 6 games? Ramsey was also VERY young. 

I’m hoping Zaniolo improves, I’m just saying he’s been poor so far. 

I know mate but to say you couldn't care if he gets banned or not is mad. 

He has the potential to become excellent. He has all the attributes and has showed world class form in the past. Still only 24. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Couldn’t really care less if he gets banned tbh. Might even do us a favour. Looked poor since his arrival. 

I care - I think he is a good player, hopefully it’s all put to bed and he can fully focus on Aston Villa. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I know mate but to say you couldn't care if he gets banned or not is mad. 

He has the potential to become excellent. He has all the attributes and has showed world class form in the past. Still only 24. 

I preferred it when you were all memes. This kind of common sense statement doesn’t suit you..

• Haha 1

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Premier-League/27-10-2023/avvocati-di-zaniolo-nessun-indizio-a-suo-carico-mai-scommesso-sul-calcio.shtml

Basically says there him and his legal team went in and restated their position that Zaniolo used illegal (not licensed in Italy) sites to play blackjack and poker. They stated he'd never bet on football matches, only playing cards. 

If that's what the prosecutors find, then he'll get a fine for using the non licensed sites, but on a sporting level there will be no ban as he's not bet on any football matches. 

Hopefully that's how it'll work out.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I preferred it when you were all memes. This kind of common sense statement doesn’t suit you..

I get one credit per week to spend on a sensible post. 

You will see nothing from me but .gifs, memes and snide comments until next Saturday now, I assure you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

image.png.dd2b32eb9aa5aa46d5892766012aebe9.png image.png.60a2c9f5ac88ae6eb8d660e57820525c.pngimage.png.d5ee32b6e05995d053d1f7b3b5fbfca0.png image.png.36abf117ee11f7835a798980715a205f.png 

Above is a sample list of players who 'looked poor' if you took six games for Aston Villa as a sample size. 

I can make a list of another 10 or so players if you like. 

Not sure if that's a troll or if I feel sorry for your opinion. 

McGinn got written off, Konsa was written off, it's a long list... There were even people on here after the Liverpool defeat questioning whether Emery shoudl continue being our manager or not...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

McGinn got written off, Konsa was written off, it's a long list... There were even people on here after the Liverpool defeat questioning whether Emery shoudl continue being our manager or not...

Yeah the list is absolutely massive.

Going back further I remember Laursen having a torrid start to his Villa career. Would we want him banned after 6 games?

23 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Going back further I remember Laursen having a torrid start to his Villa career. Would we want him banned after 6 games?

Ugo Ehiogu, same. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

At the risk of showing my age and from a time possibly before VT or even the internet, Ugo was written off by most people, fortunately not the man who picked the team at the time. Nothing changes much. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Couldn’t really care less if he gets banned tbh. Might even do us a favour. Looked poor since his arrival. 

How can you write off a player so early? I'm genuinely asking you.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ugo Ehiogu, same. 

Haha, yes I remember his debut. 2-0 loss at home to Norwich if I remember it correctly, he was hopeless that match pretty much passed the ball to Norwich players every time. Turned out to be a giant for us in the end, what a player!

I am still fairly hopeful that Zaniolo will turn out to be a top player for us (assuming there is nothing in the betting scandal). He tries things that nobody else would try, which is why it doesn’t always come off. I hope by the second half of the season he will have settled into the pace of the PL and we start see the true levels he can produce. I recall Bergkamp not being overly great in his first season at Arsenal, and he went on to be a great player for them.

55 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

At the risk of showing my age and from a time possibly before VT or even the internet, Ugo was written off by most people, fortunately not the man who picked the team at the time. Nothing changes much. 

You are right - I think Ugo’s debut was against Norwich and it wasn’t good - So glad the club, stuck with him. Ugo became a Villa legend.

Someone mentioned Laursen as well - don’t recall his debut tbh, but he is the only player I know that can hold a candle to Paul McGrath 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Surely you’ve been here before? 

I have, I’m just tired of all the negativity when we are in a really good place and in a position most of us barely remember we have been in before 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

You are right - I think Ugo’s debut was against Norwich and it wasn’t good - So glad the club, stuck with him. Ugo became a Villa legend.

Someone mentioned Laursen as well - don’t recall his debut tbh, but he is the only player I know that can hold a candle to Paul McGrath 

Did he become a Villa legend?

Â