Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Let’s not lower ourselves to petty arguments and disagreements… no need to insult any player, especially one who was heavily relied on and offered us a lot last season.

I’m a fan of Buendia and was looking forward to him having a better season (that preseason performance against Newcastle was massively encouraging).

It hurt and upset me to hear of and see both Emi and Ty’s injuries but I don’t want that to impact us too badly… I won’t waver in terms of my faith and belief in Unai!!

Hope we bring in the right signings and develop our players enough to counteract the negative affects we have suffered and overcome them…

No. My comment was pure sarcasm from Dean Smith/Garrard days and I should have 'alerted'. 

Buendia under Emery looks a much better player and finally fitting into the Villa jigsaw.

I think he was eyeing this season as his biggest for yet Villa and a real chance to shine under Unai

I am gutted for him after his injury and he must be gutted too. Hopefully he mends well and comes back stronger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No. My comment was pure sarcasm from Dean Smith/Garrard days and I should have 'alerted'. 

Buendia under Emery looks a much better player and finally fitting into the Villa jigsaw.

I think he was eyeing this season as his biggest for yet Villa and a real chance to shine under Unai

I am gutted for him after his injury and he must be gutted too. Hopefully he mends well and comes back stronger.

Ok, no probs 👍

Just hope we have a great season regardless of who is missing and who we’re signing.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Would you want us to miss Buendia and notice his absence or would you want us to be even better despite him being injured thanks to our new signings?

I hope Zaniolo is 10x better than him and when Buendia is back he needs to massively lift his game to get back in the team...and does, pushing us on again.

Anyone Villa fan with a brain would hope for the same.

• Like 4

Just now, Jas10 said:

Ok, no probs 👍

Just hope we have a great season regardless of who is missing and who we’re signing.

Mings and Buendia are a huge loss to us.

It's brilliant we have been able to bring in quality to the likes of Torres, Zaniolo, Diaby etc.

The injured are not being replaced... just complimented.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Would you want us to miss Buendia and notice his absence or would you want us to be even better despite him being injured thanks to our new signings?

Even better and for him to come into a stronger side and become a better player for us when he returns!

Same goes for Ty!

Let’s kick ass this season and not let our heads drop, lift the players and roar them on to success!!! Use it as extra motivation!

Overcome all setbacks and challenges before us…

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I hope Zaniolo is 10x better than him and when Buendia is back he needs to massively lift his game to get back in the team...and does, pushing us on again.

Same. Sucks that Buendia got injured, extra so because he looked really bright in pre-season apart from the first game.Same with Mings who we will also miss a lot.

Don't get the going in with a negative attitude towards new signings that some are doing thou. Just seems odd. We need them to be good, even more so now that we have good players out injured.

Edited by sne

PS - I think one of the other advantages that we will gain from signing Zaniolo (regardless of whether the player is a success on the pitch or not) is that he's the type of player that I think Ramsey can learn from (attacking wise) during training and add a couple of extra feathers to his bow.  That's another combination I look forward to seeing on the pitch because I can really see those two linking up well - or at least Zaniolo opening up space for Ramsey to burst into.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

At least you got your bait post in

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Overhyping the shit out of a new signing. What could possibly go wrong?

What could go wrong was discussed before we signed him quite a bit, he might break down physically, he might not adjust and mentally not cope, he might not be able to find the form that won him the best young player of the year in Serie A, or the youngest Italian player to score twice in a Champions League match. 

However, the structure of the deal mitigates all of these things, worst case we're out €6m I think (loan fee and fee to get out of obligation to buy at €20m). 

Those are the downsides, which if you want to ignore his obvious talents and focus on solely his injury record, his falling out with Mourinho (which, just ask Matic, nobody does right?) etc. is entirely your choice. I've seen him play quite a bit, if he gets close to what he's already managed at a very high level then he will be a fan favourite. No over hyping there, I'm saying close to a level he has already produced.

Don't know why you'd just want to focus on the negatives though. Buendia's injury is a massive negative, you chimed in when I was suggesting Zaniolo can play as a 10 and as the wide forward in Emery's system. He can and has played as a 10 at a good level already, I'm not saying he can do everything Buendia does off the ball, I am saying he is a very good number 10 and it will be a pleasure to watch him grace Villa Park. It's very likely he'll play as second striker for us too, which will also be fantastic to wath him do in a claret and blue shirt.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

However, the structure of the deal mitigates all of these things, worst case we're out €6m I think (loan fee and fee to get out of obligation to buy at €20m). 

I think it's a good structured deal. Diaby has been signed as second striker it seems

28 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think it's a good structured deal. Diaby has been signed as second striker it seems

I think more to the point we have three players who can all play on the left, centre or right when we are attacking (granted playing narrower than if we'd signed genuine wingers).  I think their starting positions on the team sheet will be (at least when we have the ball) arbitrary as they'll all "drift" and look to exploit space and gaps in the opposition defence as defenders have to decide between following their man or defending their designated zone.  We just need to make sure that we can control the middle of the park to allow us to have a platform on which to exploit this more fluid and dynamic attacking threat.

He must be even more excited to play in this side now 😂

A nice introduction to VP for him today…

Can’t wait to see him tear it up… we could do with an added touch of class, technical excellence, flair and attacking potency… 

On 20/08/2023 at 12:57, allani said:

I've tried very hard not to do that.  It is a risky signing (although the structure of the deal mitigates that to a large extent) and one that I think will either not work or it will be a massive success.  I've also said that I think it will be a while before we see the best of Zaniolo so we'll probably need to be patient with him.  But on the flip side - he is by far the best young player that I have seen come through the ranks of either Villa (since the the early 80s) or Roma (since moving to Italy).  He was doing things when he broke through into the Roma team that were just on a different level to anything I've seen from a player of a similar age (at a team I support).  If we can get him back to that level he's an amazing player.  It is a big IF though.  I think his game is suited to the PL so I really, really hope that it all comes good.

Because I am petty 😜 he isnt a Roma youth player and played in Serie B before moving to Inter

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Really looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully makes his debut vs Hibs and makes an instant impact…

Was he signed in time for European registration deadline as that was Friday afternoon

Â