Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yup. I think he overdid it at times trying to impress and the physical demands have caught up with him a little, so he's tired. 

Hopefully he won't get written off in this dip of form by the 'less patient' section of the fanbase. 

Tired!! Half way through the season, I doubt it. It's mentality with Diaby, if he's tired already he may aswell give it up in the Prem.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Tired!! Half way through the season, I doubt it. It's mentality with Diaby, if he's tired already he may aswell give it up in the Prem.

So his mentality was great for the first x number of games and then shit? Or was it that he’s always had a shit mentality?

When he comes good AGAIN - after he has had proper time to adapt to the league - does that actually mean it’s your mentality that might be the problem?

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

So his mentality was great for the first x number of games and then shit? Or was it that he’s always had a shit mentality?

When he comes good AGAIN - after he has had proper time to adapt to the league - does that actually mean it’s your mentality that might be the problem?

He's struggling to have any impact on the pitch, not because of fitness, this affects mentality, like a striker who is struggling to score goals. I'm sure it'll come, but as he didn't even come on yesterday, I'd say he's struggling in training too.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He's struggling to have any impact on the pitch, not because of fitness, this affects mentality, like a striker who is struggling to score goals. I'm sure it'll come, but as he didn't even come on yesterday, I'd say he's struggling in training too.

Did you watch the game yesterday? 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not to much when we were 3-2 down no, I gave up like many. You gonna tell me he came on??

Thank you for confirming you know nothing that you’re posting about. But of course it’s Diaby’s mentality that’s the problem particularly because apparently he didn’t play yesterday. WTAF. 

44 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Thank you for confirming you know nothing that you’re posting about. But of course it’s Diaby’s mentality that’s the problem particularly because apparently he didn’t play yesterday. WTAF. 

He's been poor in previous games, due to lack of confidence which can be related to mentality. I can't rate him on the 13 minutes he had yesterday, but he's a quality player and obviously struggling, as many other fans are noticing he's having almost zero impact on recent games.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes, because he overdid it in games and didn't pace himself properly - so is now struggling to catch up with it again. Energy is finite. 

• Like 1

To @lexicon point, there is a difference when moving leagues and that main difference is that the press in the prem is relentless for 90 minutes. 

In the Bundesliga, Diaby probably didn’t have to deal with someone clashing into him with every challenge and is struggling to adjust that he has to be up to it every single time he touches the ball. 

When the opponent has been weaker and not as physical - he is able to do his thing but he’s struggling to sustain it against a relentless press from almost every team in the prem. 

• Like 4

Just now, lexicon said:

Yes, because he overdid it in games and didn't pace himself properly - so is now struggling to catch up with it again. Energy is finite. 

Don't agree sorry. He's played no harder in the Prem as he would have with his previous team. If we are looking to play him with any less intensity, he is hardly going to have any impact on our games.

Diaby's a strange one because the first few games he looked like he'd taken to the PL like a duck to water.  A bit like Bailey's debut against Everton.

Since October he's looked like a fish out of water and someone who's struggling to adapt to the pace and physicality of the PL.  A bit like Bailey from that Everton game until the second half of last season.

He's been almost totally ineffective for a couple of months now.   

Zaniolo seems to be developing in the opposite direction,  starting out pretty awful but seems to be getting better.        

I suppose the upside is that we have yet to see anywhere near the best of either of them.

• Like 1

His touch seems a bit heavy to me and the ball gets away from him, if he wants to continue to play in that pocket behind Watkins he's got to improve that but I'm not convinced that his best position.

It's actually something that Bailey has got very good at, he can drive at these full backs in the box with such close control they don't want to try and tackle him.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Haven't you heard, poor lads tired. 🙄

Ok Mo Farah, calm down - I'm sure every league is exactly the same and no player ever struggles moving from one league to another. It's not like we have any sort of frame of reference for it either, like, I don't know, a winger from the Bundesliga who went through the same thing. Man, that'd be useful. 

On 19/12/2023 at 14:07, DJBOB said:

The Diaby/Cash dynamic on the right doesn't work for a lot of reasons.

The one match where it did work was Brighton but he was playing as a more traditional fullback in that game instead of a winger.

But if teams sit back, it's pointless to have Diaby and Cash on the same side. Neither of them are any good at beating their man 1v1.

Its a lot of money to be saying that about him.

I don't think Garnacho, has been either this season against most teams....He just waits for us, to give him the open spaces he thrives on.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

To be fair to Diaby we’ve taken a winger and placed him in a central role beside Watkins. We’ve got probably one of the fastest players in the league and the majority of his gameplay is receiving the ball with his back facing the goal. 

These players, seem to be that fast, we don't see it.

I think Billy Whizz is available, but they can't catch him tot sign a contract.

Â