Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Posted (edited)

I don't really care too much about the new badge but it is kinda horrible if you look at it for a few seconds and think about it.

The whole thing looks misaligned. 

Edit: Dropping the 1874 and moving the lion down a bit would help. And the alignment of the "Aston Villa" text looks way off. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Just now, GarethRDR said:

An absolute **** joke, somehow manages to be worse than the Lerner badge and through a complete disregard for the fan exercise, an absolute slap in the face of the fanbase.

I am still half in shock from mid June 2023 when they communicated that the previous 12 months process was basically being discarded. They said they would monitor reaction and then promptly restricted it to the kits only.

Watch now as they plaster this thing everywhere.  

2 minutes ago, andycv said:

Interesting article here about the new badge, the wider rebrand and our approach to corporate partners: https://www.marketingweek.com/aston-villa-club-rebrand/

This article proves that it's the yellow on blue that is the problem.

Because in mono the badge actually looks fine. not amazing, but a massive improvement

AstonVilla_BrandGuidelines_Master_V5.pdf

That claret on white version is lovely.

But the pale yellow on pale blue with a **** shadow looks so shit

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

God it's so bad. It's so so bad :D 

The drop shadow, the typeface, the jaggedy lines on the curves of the shield… what were they thinking!? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Because in mono the badge actually looks fine. not amazing, but a massive improvement

Totally agree, these all look fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Also a big LOL at that article where Heck says the fanbase were frustrated with the round badge because they weren't given much choice

Erm...

That is called gaslighting Mr. Heck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The branding is on point here. I am not happy with the lack of consultation. But I don’t agree that it’s anywhere as bad as some imply. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

It’s absolutely fine in mono… shame that we probably won’t see that too often. Maybe the away kits will have it though?

IMG_6829.jpeg

Yep, not perfect but this is completely fine.

They've managed to find the worst combination of our colours to apply to make it look worse. 

Although I'm still sure there's some element of cost saving that explains why keeping it as similar to the Lerner badge as possible was the way to go

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also a big LOL at that article where Heck says the fanbase were frustrated with the round badge because they weren't given much choice

Erm...

That’s a disgrace still 

I think it's the lion that messes it up for me. A more detailed lion instead of one that looks like it's been electrocuted would have been much better. 

In truth it would have been so easy to pacify the majority of the fanbase with a couple of changes. Lettering at the top, centralising the Lion etc but they couldn't help but f*** it up. 

It looks better than the round one, and I thought that didn't look too bad, and looks infinitley better than the mock ups that people have been fawning over on here.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, not perfect but this is completely fine.

They've managed to find the worst combination of our colours to apply to make it look worse. 

Although I'm still sure there's some element of cost saving that explains why keeping it as similar to the Lerner badge as possible was the way to go

It’s weird because surely the cheapest and easiest option would be to just have kept the round badge? 

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I asked this on here last night and got a smart arse reaction, of course.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Where is the 'Prepared' going to slot in?

@Captain_Townsend Not sure who replied to you but sorry you got a snarky answer, this is a discussion forum after all.

'Prepared' will be used as part of the wider brand I would imagine, so rather than on the crest it will pop up in various places where it makes sense to, a bit like we've also been using 'Up the Villa' on various things.

A brand can consist of many words, phrases, graphics, logos and marques, each used where and when it is deemed appropriate. Generally, it's a good idea not to have too many as this can become confusing, but the most important thing is that they are used consistently, as over time this strengthens people's association with the brand and helps it to become familiar.

Personally, I think '1874' should have been left off the crest and used across the wider brand as well, as all it is doing on the crest is making it too busy and restricting how big we can have the lion, it will probably be used across the brand as well anyway.

• Like 2

Â