Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Ingers said:

wKQrvS7.png

I have trouble letting this go....., thicker borders but #NO YELLOW (and no small time star)

by far from my favourite, but you have to work within the #ONBRAND brief eh?

The one on the right just looks so much better, I honestly just can't understand how anyone would ever think the name at the bottom looks anything but atrocious.

1874 at the bottom will look ok with Aston Villa at the top I reckon, bit weird just floating off to one side like a foot rest for the lion

This lion is better too, but there's no way you can get away with it in yellow which just highlights how bad the yellow/blue colour scheme is

If we went for something like this, I'd much prefer the white border to be gold 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ingers said:

I have trouble letting this go....., thicker borders but #NO YELLOW (and no small time star)

by far from my favourite, but you have to work within the #ONBRAND brief eh?

Winning the biggest tournament in european club football is definitely not small time.

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

The fact that they’ve gone with yellow for the adidas logo within the shield… suggests that we’re sticking with the old colour scheme and sickening yellow…

Claret adidas stripes would’ve looked better and more distinct… as would a claret lion on that and background n shield… but it’s not happening.

I think the only hope is a detailed lion with some contest but I am more and more fearing that it is the same old flat yellow lion…🤦‍♂️ with that amateurish drip shadow…

Think we all have to accept that the horrid yellow on blue colour scheme is here to stay… maybe forever 🤦‍♂️

Unfortunately I agree with you for the badge, terrible blobby lion that is being used by other companies and clubs!

I can only hope that its just a  detailed lion by itself on the 150 year shirt.....

Just now, mottaloo said:

Winning the biggest tournament in european club football is definitely not small time.

No I agree 100% - Greatest achievement of our magnificent club.

However, having it on the badge is small time compared to the clubs we currently want to compete against  - Liverpool (where are their 6 stars?) Man Utd (maybe in a year or so!) Man City, Chelsea etc....The BIG clubs, who expect to be in the UCL don't make small time gestures....

Surely the aim to to be at that table, and eventually win it again - then another redesign?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ingers said:

Unfortunately I agree with you for the badge, terrible blobby lion that is being used by other companies and clubs!

I can only hope that its just a  detailed lion by itself on the 150 year shirt.....

The best we can hope for…

designs are already trademarked and we are seeing signs or elements of those already…

we just have to accept what we are getting and not bother expecting anything new or drastic…

the sooner we come to terms with it, the better… I just hope it’s the best we can manage (within the limitations) rather than the worst…

Fed up of all these long processes and disruptions… we just need to get on with things.

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

The best we can hope for…

designs are already trademarked and we are seeing signs or elements of those already…

we just have to accept what we are getting and not bother expecting anything new or drastic…

the sooner we come to terms with it, the better… I just hope it’s the best we can manage (within the limitations) rather than the worst…

Fed up of all these long processes and disruptions… we just need to get on with things.

Yeah, it sucks, it's a massive shame we didn't take the opportunity to do something better, or just leave what we have alone, but in a few weeks it'll hardly matter.

The Lerner badge was shit, I couldn't believe what we ended up with, but it's hardly like we were seething about it week in, week out, it won't matter any more once that is just the badge, we'll stop thinking about it until some other bigshot decides it's time to have another go.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Gold on claret, claret on blue or blue on claret…

sod yellow…

and if only we could sod yellow on blue 😫

surprised how well this works and I LOVE the gold border, gold detailing adds that touch of class and elegance.

spacer.png

Yep I like this

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, it sucks, it's a massive shame we didn't take the opportunity to do something better, or just leave what we have alone, but in a few weeks it'll hardly matter.

The Lerner badge was shit, I couldn't believe what we ended up with, but it's hardly like we were seething about it week in, week out, it won't matter any more once that is just the badge, we'll stop thinking about it until some other bigshot decides it's time to have another go.

Tbh… like many others… I’m just tired and fed up of all this crap and how long it’s taken… just get it done and let’s move on…

But yeah… we should have gotten something much better and have had a choice… poor communication and a “show” or “ticking (bare minimum) boxes” rather than actually consulting the fans and getting proper input.

I’ve also said before… there are many professionals and designers within our fanbase that could have consulted and even designed something brilliant but weren’t even contacted or considered. Those at the club are just going to do what they want…

As long as it’s not terrible… it’s just time to move on. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The aesthetics really grind my gears - don't like the learner iterations, or the new trademarked one at all, don't mind the purslow round badge (as similar to my origin badge in early 80's) but lion needs to flip left and I see the issue with a round badge as a brand.

It even annoys me when we have terrible kits, especially random away and hideous 3rd kits (like the current blue one) despite the great football on show at the moment, it just gets to me.....

5 minutes ago, Ingers said:

@CarryOnVilla

1TDch8H.png

yellow or claret?.....

Claret all day. One small niggling detail too - the white space between the borders should be equal all around. The one painted on the walls yesterday has that and it makes a big difference  (to me anyway).

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Gold on claret, claret on blue or blue on claret…

sod yellow…

and if only we could sod yellow on blue 😫

surprised how well this works and I LOVE the gold border, gold detailing adds that touch of class and elegance.

spacer.png

Can we stop sharing this as every time I see it, it annoys me this won’t be the badge.

1 minute ago, Ingers said:

The aesthetics really grind my gears - don't like the learner iterations, or the new trademarked one at all, don't mind the purslow round badge (as similar to my origin badge in early 80's) but lion needs to flip left and I see the issue with a round badge as a brand.

It even annoys me when we have terrible kits, especially random away and hideous 3rd kits (like the current blue one) despite the great football on show at the moment, it just gets to me.....

Exciting to have adidas on board and I’m looking forward to seeing all the gear and merchandise they will produce… but an ugly badge is going to reduce the appeal and maybe even spoil certain products… I hope the badge can live up to and match the quality of the gear…

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Can we stop sharing this as every time I see it, it annoys me this won’t be the badge.

Sorry mate 😆

I think we all know what we’re getting… sadly…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Tbh… like many others… I’m just tired and fed up of all this crap and how long it’s taken… just get it done and let’s move on…

But yeah… we should have gotten something much better and have had a choice… poor communication and a “show” or “ticking (bare minimum) boxes” rather than actually consulting the fans and getting proper input.

I’ve also said before… there are many professionals and designers within our fanbase that could have consulted and even designed something brilliant but weren’t even contacted or considered. Those at the club are just going to do what they want…

As long as it’s not terrible… it’s just time to move on. 

if its the drop shadow or even the detailed lion one from the leaks, which lets be fair its 99.9% going to be - its terrible....

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I like the colour scheme. I don't like the Highway patrol shield shape and stacking Aston and Villa is a big nono. I for one am delighted this isn't the one.

Â