Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I think it looks alright, it adds some extra Aston Villa to the local area in an urban graffiti-style way.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen is the painters to have taken the leftover paint and graffitied the walls around the sty. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 0Lamptey said:

It looks to me like a late 1800s 'Arts & Crafts' style pattern. Birmingham was a key city in that the Arts & Crafts movement, around the time of the Club's formation. Nice link to the 150 year anniversary 

Just to add to this:

William McGregor had moved from Perthshire scotland to set up a drapery business in Aston. 

I think it has to be intentional. I really like it if so. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If you think these shapes look so confusingly similar we may as well just go for a circle, I don't know what to tell you

160px-Hull_City_A.F.C._logo.svg.png

GNb1yJ4XsAEuLhP?format=jpg&name=900x900

IMG_5464.png
seems like they changed in 2019 from the above.  So we can take their cast off 😉

Edited by nick76

Posted (edited)

We had a lovely badge that people argued looked like Chelsea (it didn't)

Now we have a new shield shape and people argue it looks like Hull (it doesn't).

If you give me a badge, any badge, I will find you 5 different ones that look similar.*

*And I feel that is no reason to knock it down. 

Heck, aren't these two similar?! 

get nervous Siesta straw nike logo shoes Billy goat regret Minimize

Edited by Mic09

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yep I will never get over the 'aston villa' being off centre. I know it can't be centred but even so I'll never not be able to see it

Actually I meant unbalanced with the lion at the top and text at the bottom.

If it then says ‘Unprepared’ underneath it will look even stranger, having effectively two rows of text together vs text at the top and bottom.

26 minutes ago, est1874 said:

This literally proves that yellow on blue is just wrong. Look at how pixellated that yellow is when you zoom in.

Gross every time.

You can’t even pick out the adidas logo looking at that bus stop ad on (and filling the majority of) a phone screen. Insane that it’s been allowed to pass.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

People shared and image and people are offering opinions. My opinion is I don't think it looks great and it'd be a million miles better if it was just on a flat white wall somewhere.

I'm hardly flipping the table or writing a thesis on it.

I'm sure there will be hundreds of places where the design is shown on a flat white wall. 

This is a mural. 

Mona Lisa is painted on a canvas, a Banksy is painted on a wall. Both are pieces of art serving different purposes. 

Just look at what all the clubs around the globe have in a 1m radius of their stadium. Covered in different types of art that makes the place shout 'This is a place of 'X' club.

Oliver Kay on X: "Olympiacos v Panathinaikos tonight, “the derby of the  eternal enemies”, the fixture that launched @TheAthletic “Derby Days”  series last season. It was an incredible experience #Olympiacos  #Panathinaikos 🇬🇷

File:Logo Of Arka Gdynia At Graffiti At Ulica Jozefa Bema, 54% OFF

Graffiti on the supporters club house of Ajax in Amsteram News Photo -  Getty Images

Large-format mural, graffiti, of the Schalke fan scene, below the A42  motorway, Gelsenkirchen-Schalke exit, Ruhrpott Romantik, Gelsenkirchen,  NRW, Ger Stock Photo - Alamy

Sporting Lisbon - LiberoGuide

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But the point is that over time that shield and double border becomes synonymous with us, and frees us up to use other colour variations in collaborations with other partners, and everyone will still know its Villa.

I dislike Heck, and am not a fan of a lot of what he's done (especially his communication) but establishing this as a new brand that becomes immediately identifiable as a Villa themed product is not bad. 

Light yellow on blue I don't understand, but the shape and the brand reveal across media, print and physical villa property is a well organised and positive thing for me.

If the final product is shit then doesn’t matter how good the marketing is does it.  It’s like doing a fabulous marketing campaign on Castle Vale, to sell it to millionaires as the place to be…it’s still Castle Vale.

23 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm sure there will be hundreds of places where the design is shown on a flat white wall. 

This is a mural. 

Mona Lisa is painted on a canvas, a Banksy is painted on a wall. Both are pieces of art serving different purposes. 

Just look at what all the clubs around the globe have in a 1m radius of their stadium. Covered in different types of art that makes the place shout 'This is a place of 'X' club.

Oliver Kay on X: "Olympiacos v Panathinaikos tonight, “the derby of the  eternal enemies”, the fixture that launched @TheAthletic “Derby Days”  series last season. It was an incredible experience #Olympiacos  #Panathinaikos 🇬🇷

File:Logo Of Arka Gdynia At Graffiti At Ulica Jozefa Bema, 54% OFF

Graffiti on the supporters club house of Ajax in Amsteram News Photo -  Getty Images

Large-format mural, graffiti, of the Schalke fan scene, below the A42  motorway, Gelsenkirchen-Schalke exit, Ruhrpott Romantik, Gelsenkirchen,  NRW, Ger Stock Photo - Alamy

Sporting Lisbon - LiberoGuide

Even small heath have got one! 

It even features ‘Our Jood’ with the words “We’re in this together”, which is very apt of course considering how loyal he was to the cause. 

IMG_0400.webp

• Haha 3

wKQrvS7.png

I have trouble letting this go....., thicker borders but #NO YELLOW (and no small time star)

by far from my favourite, but you have to work within the #ONBRAND brief eh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

What is the significance of all that design all around the actual shield shape?

Looks like a stained glass window effect… quite smart and cool… maybe a nod to our heritage?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ingers said:

wKQrvS7.png

I have trouble letting this go....., thicker borders but #NO YELLOW (and no small time star)

by far from my favourite, but you have to work within the #ONBRAND brief eh?

The fact that they’ve gone with yellow for the adidas logo (wtf?) within the shield… suggests that we’re sticking with the old colour scheme and sickening yellow…

Claret adidas stripes would’ve looked better and much more distinct… no blue or “blobbiness” as would a claret lion on that background and shield… but it’s not happening.

I think the only hope is a detailed lion with some contrast but I am more and more fearing that it is the same old flat yellow lion…🤦‍♂️ with that amateurish drop shadow…

Think we all have to accept that the horrid yellow on blue colour scheme is here to stay… maybe forever 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

Â