Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We don't even know what the " branding " is yet.

I also, always find it rich when people choose to call highly successful, educated people with high level track records " idiots " or other superlatives for effect 

It's fine disagreeing with people or not liking a project, speech , design, method, approach, decision etc 

If he's an idiot it would suggest by default that the people who hired him are idiots.

We are essentially randoms on a message board having passionate meltdowns over hypotheticals and opinions without even having full context or access to all the information or reasoning.

Maybe we, are actually the idiots?

This goes across the board... From fan opinions/assumptions/assertions on Management, Players, Transfers, Finances etc etc

We do know what the new badge is, because they've registered it as a trademark. They wouldn't do that if they weren't going to use it, and they also wouldn't not trademark anything else they were planning on using, like that gold detailed fan mock up.

On 18/01/2024 at 18:35, Captain_Townsend said:

It is a beautiful badge. My partner got me a t shirt with it on the front.  It is so 'Aston Villa' it is untrue and I am so flippin' mad with all these decisions Heck has made.

Really weren’t aware of that - please do tell us more - maybe the collective help of VT will help you get over it / yourself. 

it is a paint by numbers meh design in my opinion constrained by faux nostalgia and compromised to ****. Discuss 

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

it is a paint by numbers meh design in my opinion constrained by faux nostalgia and compromised to ****. Discuss 

Majority of fans wanted that type of design.  Majority ruled.  The fact one new Executive decides to go out on his own after a year of fan consultation doesn’t change that.

Round badge will be gone by end of season but we have to have the right badge moving forwards whatever shape and design it is so I hope they get it right and it’s not the leaked one because that is poor.

• Like 1

I trust a seasoned marketing executive to get it right and do not for a second like some think it’s ego driven to ditch the round badge. Rumours NSWE  disliked the round badge pre-date Heck so again it’s not just one man’s crusade to piss off the fan base. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Really weren’t aware of that - please do tell us more - maybe the collectively help of VT will help you get over it / yourself. 

Thank you mate, appreciate that. I am not really sure why you had to get so personal. I was expressing an opinion about the club I support on a message board about the club.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I trust a seasoned marketing executive to get it right and do not for a second like some think it’s ego driven to ditch the round badge. Rumours NSWE  disliked the round badge pre-date Heck so again it’s not just one man’s crusade to piss off the fan base. 

Well that's the first time I've ever seen anything about NSWE disliking the round badge.  Have to say it seems bizarre that the owners of the club would have signed off on something they didn't like.  Purslow left the club seven months after the round badge had been approved, confirmed and added.  I find it hard to believe that the owners would have sat on their hands that whole time.

It may not be a one-man crusade to piss off the fan base, but had he been transparent in his reasoning for ditching the round badge and shelving the north stand plans (two projects that the club had already spent significant funds on) then he may not have made a rod for his own back on that score. If he had simply said that he (or the owners) didn't like the badge then he possibly would have gotten a very short-term backlash.  Had he not made a really poor excuse for not building the new stand (ie. we have 200 empty seats each match) and immediately contradicted that statement by saying "we can add seats in other ways."  Had he properly consulted/surveyed the fanbase on a new badge design instead of a deliberately slanted survey and a "consultation" that was actually a one-way presentation of the finished design, then the current long term backlash wouldn't exist.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I trust a seasoned marketing executive to get it right and do not for a second like some think it’s ego driven to ditch the round badge.

For a seasoned marketing executive his communication skills seem to be extremely poor.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For a seasoned marketing executive his communication skills seem to be extremely poor.

Yep cannot argue against that … maybe it’s a US sport fan Vs UK sport fan thing - who knows as I’m not enlightened enough on that to k won’t they care as much as we do about what the executives are doing of the team of performing well … 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Thank you mate, appreciate that. I am not really sure why you had to get so personal. I was expressing an opinion about the club I support on a message board about the club.

Nothing personal mate as we are all one and the same - Villa fans whose opinions are equally valid ! But your daily hyperbole rinse repeat posts needed to be flagged imo with a touch of humour as we all know you dislike a man you’ve never met base on sound bites 

Edited by thabucks

I wouldn't be alone in being unimpressed with the decision making and comms we have had since about June 2023 (coinciding with this hire). Comms was something we used to be quite good at.

For example,  there is confusion now about whether there is a documentary in the works or not.

The 1982 documentary with BT sport was clearly communicated about 12 months in advance whereas Heck has hinted they are filming something and the social media team are posting teasers but people don't know if it is a tik tok generation 'in joke' type thing or if there genuinely is something coming up on Netflix! 

I am not some irrational idiot who dislikes people for no good reason. I just think, for this guy's big reputation,  I am underwhelmed and he seems to symbolise a shift away from the way we used to do things.

Hopefully I am badly wrong and he is a genius. But so far we have the most confusing situation about our brand I can remember and some realy odd decisions on strategy and it doesn't bode well.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I think most of us do. That’s exactly why so many are stunned by how poorly designed the leaked badge is.  It literally beggars belief.  Pete from the Holy Trinity podcast put out a whole episode about how no way the leaked badge is real. Unfortunately, looks like it is - or a close variation of it. 

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 2

I fully believe the 'new badge' was intentionally leaked to test the waters.  That is a very American thing to do.  Guage the social media plaudits or outcry.  Message received and AVFC are internally reviewing the original design, potentially updating it.  That is the delay in its release imo.  Nothing drastic- but making alterations to try and appease the masses.  Despite what ppl may think on here- commercial execs will take this criticism very seriously- given the fear they will have that a universally disliked badge could negatively affect merchandise sales and global attraction.  How can Heck and co expect to attract new global fans and inspire existing fans to spend more money on merch if the majority dislike the AVFC badge?  

VT might dismiss this as folly- but commercial execs certainly will not.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

I fully believe the 'new badge' was intentionally leaked to test the waters.  That is a very American thing to do.  Guage the social media plaudits or outcry.  Message received and AVFC are internally reviewing the original design, potentially updating it.  That is the delay in its release imo.  Nothing drastic- but making alterations to try and appease the masses.  Despite what ppl may think on here- commercial execs will take this criticism very seriously- given the fear they will have that a universally disliked badge could negatively affect merchandise sales and global attraction.  How can Heck and co expect to attract new global fans and inspire existing fans to spend more money on merch if the majority dislike the AVFC badge?  

I agree. Great joooorb

On 19/01/2024 at 18:18, ejs1111 said:

I highly highly doubt you trademark a design in order to leak it. 

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 13:18, ejs1111 said:

Wouldn't surprise me. This happens all the time with Apple/Amazon etc.

Â