Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Something like what? It still looks shit and even if you envision the whole thing from that photo, still shit.

It’s just tiring or draining feeling negative and complaining all the time - even if it’s valid or justified.

Again, let’s wait for the whole reveal…

n if it’s still “shit”

you bet we’ll call it out! Again!

😂

I just want something good or better…

don’t care if I (or others) are proven wrong or right on things… that’s of zero importance 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

It’s just tiring or draining feeling negative and complaining all the time - even if it’s valid or justified.

Again, let’s wait for the whole reveal…

n if it’s still “shit”

you bet we’ll call it out! Again!

😂

I just want something good or better…

don’t care if I (or others) are proven wrong or right on things… that’s of zero importance 

You're entitled to hope. Don't let the relentlessly negative get you down :)

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Looks like concrete finish to me, not seen rubber with that finish 

IMG_5355.jpeg

Could be right. But that visual is entirely achievable on a shirt. My point was to counter posts that had said "it'll still look shit like the initial image when it's on the shirt", which just fundamentally isn't true.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I did not expect a gold lion that was raised and included so much detail…

maybe it’s shit, maybe it’s good… let’s wait to see the whole thing and then we can judge on it again. 

it’s not the image we saw, there’s a difference…

Shit?  Let’s hold fire for now…

spacer.png

why can you comment massively after the first leak but now we have to hold fire?  First was shit, second was shit…nothing has changed, I’m not holding fire

7 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Oh wow.... This is what you was all moaning about?

This looks great.

No we were moaning about the crap zero detail lion on the trademark. The biggest issue, followed by badge balance. We will see how the badge looks in other mediums soon hopefully. But ofc it looks better with a detailed lion. 

• Like 1

Looks far more promising.

I still think the blue background is the biggest problem, but that becomes personal opinion rather than a disaster if that detailed badge is real.

I'd still be concerned as to what the digital version will look like, but at least we'll know that it'll look good on the shirts

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are we considering this a leaked image as opposed to something fan generated?

Is this twitter account to be trusted? Are they the clubs new soft-launch device?

It seems to have moved immediately to 'official leak' without a lot of question.

Can’t say for sure but the guy is very vocal about the club and actually supportive of their mentality or decisions… has had a lot to say regarding the badge and the Lee Haynes design (critical of it)… he’s a professional designer too.

so, I don’t think he would say “this is it” if it wasn’t…

but who really knows 🤷‍♂️

up to the club to get off their arses and do some proper communication… a bit of transparency and honesty would be nice too…

44 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That gold lion looks great. On the blue background what's wrong with that? I take it the badge will sit on a claret background most of the time. I'm in. 

Because our club colours are claret and blue.  It's that simple.  Plus two light colours superimposed on each other looks washed out, and not visible from all distance and/or small format.  I don't understand why gold/yellow/beige on light blue would appeal to anyone.  Our colours (claret and blue) have great symmetry and complement each other perfectly.  That was the case in the 19th century and still is today.  

Would you paint a wall in your house yellow with light blue trim?  If you wanted a "villa themed" space in a setting would you go with yellow and blue? 

Take a look at our current badge in small digital settings and tell me it's easy to see that the yellow is clearly a rampant lion.  It just looks like a yellow blob.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Could be right. But that visual is entirely achievable on a shirt. My point was to counter posts that had said "it'll still look shit like the initial image when it's on the shirt", which just fundamentally isn't true.

But that visual (No.2) still looks a bit shit

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

why can you comment massively after the first leak but now we have to hold fire?  First was shit, second was shit…nothing has changed, I’m not holding fire

Ok mate… just do what you want 😂

I was just talking about myself anyway…

I’m tired of getting heated…

1 minute ago, FLVillan said:

Because our club colours are claret and blue.  It's that simple.  Plus two light colours superimposed on each other looks washed out, and not visible from all distance and/or small format.  I don't understand why gold/yellow/beige on light blue would appeal to anyone.  Our colours (claret and blue) have great symmetry and complement each other perfectly.  That was the case in the 19th century and still is today.  

Would you paint a wall in your house yellow with light blue trim?  If you wanted a "villa themed" space in a setting would you go with yellow and blue? 

Take a look at our current badge in small digital settings and tell me it's easy to see that the yellow is clearly a rampant lion.  It just looks like a yellow blob.

This!

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Ok mate… just do what you want 😂

I was just talking about myself anyway…

I’m tired of getting heated…

You’ve just flipped your opinion based on one small part photo from a Twitter user that has a mixed past.  I’ve haven’t changed my heated position.

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You're entitled to hope. Don't let the relentlessly negative get you down :)

I don’t like being negative…

I don’t like complaining..

but if there’s seemingly a justification for it, I’m going to do it, because I want to be honest and… like others… I care about what the club does and how it is affected… as well as the fans.

And yes, I will likely repeat the same point over and over again in different ways and forms if possible 😂

if this is still bad when it’s revealed, I’ll say it.

if it’s good, I’ll be happy and relieved…

again, it’s tiring isn’t it?

but we all get emotional and passionate because we’re so invested in our club

and.. if we can’t express ourselves, rant and rave, give our thoughts etc here… where can we? 😆

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

You’ve just flipped your opinion based on one small part photo from a Twitter user that has a mixed past.  I’ve haven’t changed my heated position.

I haven’t flipped my opinion!!! Why are you getting so worked up man!

I’m just hopeful…

I didn’t say it was brilliant! 😆

I’m just hopeful that it looks good or is an improvement on that shitty image (which I will always hate) 

if it’s still crap, I will say it’s crap

I’m waiting to see it properly 

-

I still like the Lee Haynes design

and I am still siding with FAB

If it ends up looking like the badge depicted in the trademark, I still think it's a really poor effort. That said, the detailing on the image floating around socials is, frankly, gorgeous. That type of gold detailing across a kit would be all kinds of beautiful so I'm very intrigued to see how it all comes together.

My opinion of the trademarked image hasn't changed but this has, at the very least, made me slightly more hopeful.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Also, to refer back to my point about the badge execution on the authentic/player jerseys from the World Cup, look at these stunners! 🤤

PS - the Germany one isn't an embroidery - it's textured TPU so it looks like one but without the weight...

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.59.34.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.57.30.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.58.04.png

Lovely… I love the navy, simplistic Nike France shirt that they did/had too… so clean and classy

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Concrete slab?!

That looks like a TPU badge, the likes of which appear on most elite level kits nowadays. Get up close to some of the shirts from the last World Cup. They were sensational.

An image filed for trademark is typically just a cover all sketch that serves as protection for various options and executions.

Reading this thread over the last couple of weeks, I've wanted to hand out paper bags for people to breathe into.

If this was the first leaked image everyone would be excited. But they saw the other one first so it's all doom and gloom.

They're exactly the same badge, but perspective is everything.

Could've told us that to start with! 😉 It does look a lot better and makes a lot more sense of things.  I still don't really like the fact that they went against last year's vote but I guess what's done is done.  If the stripes are gold like the lion then the kit should look good.

Â