Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you see the club as one that's radical in its outlook on how it wants to present itself?

Fans wanted something that reflected their feelings on the club - and those feelings are overwhelmingly in favour of staying with pretty traditional things - the heraldic lion rampant, claret and blue etc.

That's a feeling that I think is shared with fans of most clubs across football - those things become what your club is and the things you attach your love and loyalty to - people don't want to radically change those things too much.

I would always choose a traditional approach but I would still like to see the club present multiple different options rather than the choice of two.

I think the Forest badge is the best designed in the league, and as it turns out, not at a bad cost to them either.

Do the new rules prevent us from running a competition like them then hiring a graphic design company to perfect the winning design out of the 20 or so shortlist put forward to a fan vote?

Edited by Caravella82
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Caravella82 said:

I would always choose a traditional approach but I would still like to see the club present multiple different options rather than the choice of two.

I think the Forest badge is the best designed in the league, and as it turns out, not at a bad cost to them either.

Do the new rules prevent us from running a competition like them then hiring a graphic design company to perfect the winning design out of the 20 or so shortlist put forward to a fan vote?

Screenshot_20240112-093700~2.png

Edited by Caravella82

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

very much against any sort of trivialisation of our logo. I think by nature we're a grown up club, we're old money, the aristocracy

Exactly this it's our USP if you want funky hipster badges then we could introduce a fashion line but anything the club wears on the pitch should echo what OBE says here.

• Like 1

It’s clear that the club don’t really listen to or consider the fans enough, at least not to the required level. The whole BK8 fiasco is another such example, not to mention the shite services and facilities around the stadium, ripping fans off with poor/unfair prices (the quality and service needs to warrant the prices being charged), bringing in “tiered services” like the Terrace view which should be the minimum standard for the average “match-goer”…

No one wanted BK8, there were complaints and protests… again, ignore what the fans think and let’s do what we want.

-

There is a hell of a lot of work and improvement to do…

Off the pitch aspects have a long way to go to reach the level of what is going on regarding the actual football side (Unai).

We must get cracking in that sense…

How can a club really be successful or in a “good place” if the fanbase is disgruntled, upset, dissatisfied, disrespected etc?

Isn’t it better to kind of work as one and move forward as a collective? All should feel pride in the club, in general, and usually  happy getting to and leaving the stadium… it’s on the club’s side to sort that…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Just a bare faced lie… like sales or marketing speak…

”We are passing it over to them to decide what is best…”

Next 150 years? He’s dreaming…

The badge was quickly shown to FAB on 20th December with no consultation, no questions, no opinions….

No one wanted it, no one asked for it, FAB spoke against such a design, survey results demonstrated the same…

it’s just a farce…

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

In terms of FA rules, the issue will be whether Heck’s new badge is a “material change”.  It is compared to the fan-approved round badge.  It probably isn’t compared to Lerner mark II.

The two main elements of the rules here is that there must be fan involvement & engagement, and (rather more pressing/relevant) it must be evident that the majority of fans are in favour…

These are relatively new rules and ours is the first badge redesign since they were introduced…

After and due to the Cardiff and Leeds calamities…

So… this needs fixing.

52 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Surely that's sarcasm?

I'm not shocked that there would be the odd person interested in experimentation of badge ideas, nor am I shocked that the majority would want to keep key elements that are who we are (claret and blue, Aston Villa, rampant lion).

Did you seriously expect even a slight majority to want to go down a completely different route? Most people don't like change.

Of course it's sarcasm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you see the club as one that's radical in its outlook on how it wants to present itself?

Fans wanted something that reflected their feelings on the club - and those feelings are overwhelmingly in favour of staying with pretty traditional things - the heraldic lion rampant, claret and blue etc.

That's a feeling that I think is shared with fans of most clubs across football - those things become what your club is and the things you attach your love and loyalty to - people don't want to radically change those things too much.

I understand all that. But look at some of the badges people feel are the best out there:

Many people love the Wolves badge despite the club it's attached to. Ironically I don't, personally, but we're talking about perception of other clubs vs our own.

I think the Forest badge, personally, is fantastic. Not very traditional, couldn't be further from any of ours.

I think there is a misguided view that "that's great for them but we're Aston Villa, we're special because we're traditional". There is a way to make both work. We just have no appetite for it, which only drives further conservatism amongst our fans. Many of whom, sorry, are sheep, and easily influenced by those who shout loudest.

Hence why we ended up with a really bland round badge - which was straight away dashed. Its replacement is, as many have said, even worse. It's so similar to old badges it can't even be called safe, it's just inertia.

We will never move on unless someone like Heck, or anyone for that matter, comes up with something truly new and forward thinking to vote on. If people were more open to that, it would break the endless cycle of "THAT'S NOT EXACTLY WHAT WE SAID WE WANT". Which is just so **** boring to read / listen to every. Single. Day.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We just have no appetite for it, which only drives further conservatism amongst our fans. Many of whom, sorry, are sheep, and easily influenced by those who shout loudest.

I think you cold maybe make a claim for the opposite - that the club are too easily influenced by the conservatism of the fans -  but the 'we' who have no appetite for it are the vast, vast majority of Villa fans - proven consistently through all of the surveys, all of the focus groups, and indeed anecdotally here and on other forms of social media. It's inherently conservative badges like the one a few pages back that get the likes - not the ones with a leaping jaguar.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Callum said:

Unsure if this has done the rounds already. Better with no shadow and a bit of gold. 

Gold, detailed lion? Ok.. I’m curious 😆

if a proper gold lion replaces the yellow… that could be a big improvement…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Callum said:

Unsure if this has done the rounds already. Better with no shadow and a bit of gold. 

If they could get a gold lion onto a shirt then maybe just maybe.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think you cold maybe make a claim for the opposite - that the club are too easily influenced by the conservatism of the fans -  but the 'we' who have no appetite for it are the vast, vast majority of Villa fans - proven consistently through all of the surveys, all of the focus groups, and indeed anecdotally here and on other forms of social media. It's inherently conservative badges like the one a few pages back that get the likes - not the ones with a leaping jaguar.

I don't disagree with you. Doesn't make it not frustrating. I understand I'm in the minority in being open to a bit of experimentation.

18 minutes ago, Callum said:

It does look better, but then - a carved, painted, and gilded plaque is always going to look nice and classy to boot.

The issue is - how do you represent that digitally across the social media avatar icons etc, and how do you get it on the badge?

Those were always at the heart of Purslow's philosophy for a new badge. Sorta feels like we may have thrown those out. There's no way to represent all that lovely shiny detail in miniature.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â