Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The problem and complaint with too much claret is that it won’t stand out and just blend in to the shirt… a fair point.

The colours in the crest need to “break it up” or “pop” off the shirt…

I think that can be done by shifting the correct colours around rather than introducing anything new and irrelevant, or sticking with yellow on blue…

Plus… we could just use one of the 50 shades of claret we’ve already had on the shirt and another shade on the badge 😂

image6.thumb.png.bf5ca6e30d1e249cfc97f1565852a8a9.png

?

• Like 2

Aswell as complaining about and criticising any new design… especially if it isn’t relevant or appealing… we do need to be open to a bit of compromise too…

A “happy medium” may be best rather than something that a section loves but another section hates 😆

I’m honestly at the point that I’m almost willing to accept anything reasonable that does away with the pale blue and yellow… preferably gold lion on claret but even blue lion on claret or claret lion on blue would be fine as long as the overall design is appealing and relevant…

Just now, MrBlack said:

image6.thumb.png.bf5ca6e30d1e249cfc97f1565852a8a9.png

?

That could work… probably better with a nice trim of gold on the outside… isn’t that kind of what I already posted though? 😆 looks better though 👍

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That could work… probably better with a nice trim of gold on the outside… isn’t that kind of what I already posted though? 😆 looks better though 👍

Yeah, but less gold as I think it was taking over the blue. The lion needed to be bigger too or we are back to losing it on small print. 

Maybe just the outer one in gold might work, but probably not on a white background.

It's a real challenge to get the elements right, and have it look good on all manner of backgrounds.. especially white and claret though which will be the main backgrounds it's seen on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I did that with your Nike kit and the Lerner badge looked fine to me:

nikekit-New-Lerner-Badge.png

Crazy how the mildest alteration improves it… and makes the details stand out so much more…

which only further highlights how this “new” version is so weak and lazy…

That’s the biggest issue for me… that after all this time and noise… they’ve come out with something that is, at the least, half arsed. Minimal effort or creativity…

I think those who are commenting on the lack of or weak communication have a good point… a bit of transparency would have been better.

The fact that this is the “2nd time around” too makes it worse…

Maybe if this was the result of the “1st process” there wouldn’t have been “quite” as much dissatisfaction or disappointment… and it may have been easier to change it…

I dunno really 🤷‍♂️ it’s just a mess 

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You've posted every design that anybody has ever posted on Twitter, it's hard for there not to be some crossover 😅

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah, but less gold as I think it was taking over the blue. The lion needed to be bigger too or we are back to losing it on small print. 

Maybe just the outer one in gold might work, but probably not on a white background.

It's a real challenge to get the elements right, and have it look good on all manner of backgrounds.. especially white and claret though which will be the main backgrounds it's seen on. 

You’re right… but you would think experienced professionals could easily solve such an issue or dilemma…

apparently not…

Just now, Jas10 said:

Crazy how the mildest alteration improves it… and makes the details stand out so much more…

which only further highlights how this “new” version is so weak and lazy…

That’s the biggest issue for me… that after all this time and noise… they’ve come out with something that is, at the least, half arsed. Minimal effort or creativity…

I think those who are commenting on the lack of or weak communication have a good point… a bit of transparency would have been better.

The fact that this is the “2nd time around” too makes it worse…

Maybe if this was the result of the “1st process” there wouldn’t have been “quite” as much dissatisfaction or disappointment… and it may have been easier to change it…

I dunno really 🤷‍♂️ it’s just a mess 

Even better if the Nike logo and Acorns were in the same shade of gold, but the GIMP keeps crashing with that image.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

You've posted every design that anybody has ever posted on Twitter, it's hard for there not to be some crossover 😅

😂

and (nearly?) every one is an improvement on the Heck version…

😵‍💫

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

begrudgingly “accepted” this new lion and darker colours but my personal preference is more vibrancy… and a bolder lion (not much of a problem with our usual one, mainly needs a proper contrasting background… but I know the majority favour the new one…)

I started accepting the idea of a new design as soon as we got the round badge again. It isn't enough for something to be 'traditional' or 'pleasing to the eye' nowadays, so inevitably it was going to be buggered about with.

What rankles me most is that Heck is more concerned with what Chelsea trolls think of our crest than with what our own fans might think of it.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Using the new lion,  round crest I'd go for that stands out on white, and works on claret:

image7.thumb.png.a267b0815e43ffcfcdb3bd20dfea2cab.png

@Jas10, gold lion is the only gold i think we need,  claret and blue takes over the rest. 

The border would be claret on claret though mate… they’d have to stick another outline on it, probably white, when applied to the shirt… or an extra trim of gold… which may be fine, another line.

I favour a gold lion too… but not if it means sacrificing other important elements…

Also… the claret text might appear like a “cut out” or stencil against a claret shirt… 😬

Bit tricky 😆

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

The border would be claret on claret though mate… they’d have to stick another outline on it, probably white, when applied to the shirt… or an extra trim of gold… which may be fine, another line.

I favour a gold lion too… but not if it means sacrificing other important elements…

I don't think it matters. That part blends in at that point, but its only a border anyway. The whole shirt becomes the border, and so the blue takes over the definition. Double lined border like Heck's shield wud be ok if needed,  but essentially the only way to get gold lion on claret with enough blue to make it claret and blue is something like that. As you say, nothing is perfect, everything is better than Hecks. 🤣

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Using the new lion,  round crest I'd go for that stands out on white, and works on claret:

image7.thumb.png.a267b0815e43ffcfcdb3bd20dfea2cab.png

@Jas10, gold lion is the only gold i think we need,  claret and blue takes over the rest. 

I just don’t know why we stopped taking inspiration from and kind of replicating elements of what we had during our most successful period…

The colours worked… just update the lion…

nice and vibrant 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I don't think it matters. That part blends in at that point, but its only a border anyway. The whole shirt becomes the border, and so the blue takes over the definition. Double lined border like Heck's shield wud be ok if needed,  but essentially the only way to get gold lion on claret with enough blue to make it claret and blue is something like that. As you say, nothing is perfect, everything is better than Hecks. 🤣

Precisely 😂

Just now, Jas10 said:

I just don’t know why we stopped taking inspiration from and kind of replicating elements of what we had during our most successful period…

The colours worked… just update the lion…

nice and vibrant 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Agreed, if we don't want a gold lion, then that is the clear way to go.  I'd lose the inner border to allowa a bigger new lion, and swap the F.C to 1874. It doesn't need major revision, or millions of pounds spent.

Â