Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

It’s not disgusting… i could cope with it and I quite like the rounded top now as opposed to a straight edge. It’s not what I would choose myself, but I was very much a return to the rounded crest voter…

I can’t stand the star, though. 

Looking down that list of trademarked designs…

I’d rather go back to this than settle for crap like that, at least you can see the bloody lion!

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

Speaking as a graphic designer with 35 years in the industry and a leaning towards branding as my main avenue, it's just so so lazy.

Old lion and star, blatant stroking in Adobe illustrator to create the outter lines. I actually really like the new lion, s I'd use that and flip it this way. Having the drop shadow on the yellow, Jesus Christ that's amateurish.

I hope to god they've just decided to trademark every single design they've looked at to cover any leaks and allow them to go at any fake kits etc. from a legal standpoint as it's just plain piss.

And having the lion above the wording makes it far too too heavy. A design trick is more space at the bottom as our eyes drag content downwards so having the main stuff above is wrong.

• Like 4

Why oh why do we have to piss about with stuff… was there anything even wrong with this badge in the first place?

All that really needed doing was a modern version of the lion, if anything. And to keep it facing the same way! 😆

spacer.png

• Like 4

Now someone who was at the FAB (another site) is saying that's not the same crest they were shown.

The plot thickens.

Not sure why they'd register a trade mark without intent to use it, so unless they've been taking people around the houses on this one... I'm properly confused now tbh.

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I just have no idea why they insist on not putting it central somewhere. Even on this badge just put it under the Aston Villa in the nice little space that the point of the shield creates. 

Why does it have to be randomly off to the left?

To leave space on the right for when we win it next year...

First impressions:

- The drop shadow is contemptible. Actually cannot believe a self-respecting professional designer in 2024 has produced a badge with a Web 2.0 style drop shadow. 
-The badge retains the Lerner lion, which is worse than both the new lion and the 90s lion. 
-The shape and font are fine; but it’s so close to the 2nd Lerner badge that it is basically not worth updating.

Basically do not see the point of this update and it makes me wonder if this is somehow a money shaving exercise, since it retains a similar shape and colours to the Lerner badge. Why else would we be so unambitious?

• Like 1

I wonder how much the criticism is based on the somewhat irrational (imo) hatred of Heck - NSWE would’ve signed off on it so are equally if not more culpable. Wait to see what it looks like on the shirt on the pitch before I froth at the mouth over a badge… 

Edited by thabucks

Just now, est1874 said:

Now someone who was at the FAB (another site) is saying that's not the same crest they were shown.

The plot thickens.

Not sure why they'd register a trade mark without intent to use it, so unless they've been taking people around the houses on this one... I'm properly confused now tbh.

I hope they're just trademarking all options as to protect the designs against any leaks getting into the hands of dodgy kit makers etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looking down that list of trademarked designs…

I’d rather go back to this than settle for crap like that, at least you can see the bloody lion!

spacer.png

Now that really does look like a clipart special.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Speaking as a graphic designer with 35 years in the industry and a leaning towards branding as my main avenue, it's just so so lazy.

Old lion and star, blatant stroking in Adobe illustrator to create the outter lines. I actually really like the new lion, s I'd use that and flip it this way. Having the drop shadow on the yellow, Jesus Christ that's amateurish.

I hope to god they've just decided to trademark every single design they've looked at to cover any leaks and allow them to go at any fake kits etc. from a legal standpoint as it's just plain piss.

And having the lion above the wording makes it far too too heavy. A design trick is more space at the bottom as our eyes drag content downwards so having the main stuff above is wrong.

Exactly, it’s unbelievably lazy and uninspired. Agree on amateurish too.

It’s pointless “work” and “change” if we can even call it that…

Best not to even bother then! May aswell stick with the one that’s been altered, it’s not even an improvement!

I’m astounded by the yellow on blue again… I refuse to believe this, feels like some sort of joke or prank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The plot thickens.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Really like this one other the lion facing the way it does … much prefer the new forward facing orientation of the round badge 

IMG_9177.jpeg

Is this a leak? Love it.

• Like 1

Â