Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

It's not just great to see Tim back for Tim, he's also exactly what this team needs - that bit of presence and power and ability to keep the ball and control things.

I'm sure he'll be rusty, but if he's anywhere near fit, he makes this a good side.

This is a near exact repeat of last night. Attack v Defence. And finally a blooming brilliant free kick in the 45th minute to take the lead .

Tim has looked pretty decent at times.His pressing to win the ball is incredible as he seems to make 10 yards up in a second. Which is what i first noticed about him. 

Tommi good as always. Munroe hasnt got forward much at all and Kellyman has been v poor tonight. Mistimed a few shots. 

Teddy Rowe having a second good game in a row .

I've never seen a referee stop a match so many times for freekicks, it was like every couple of minutes, completely runied the flow of the game, probably should have been a lot more than five minutes injury time going by the new rules.

Game reminded me of senior game last night, but with the halves swapped around, we were really good first half and got late goal, second half not so good, we seem to fade badly in games, as a team and some of the players as individuals, can see why we've lost leads a few times this season, that we didn't today and kept a cleansheet is one of the positives.

• Thanks 1

I hope Broggio is good enough to make it because that surname would be wasted in a normal job.

If I turned to the guy on my right in the call centre and he said his name was Roberto Broggio I'd be floored. 

• Haha 1

The players look more polished, particularly in defensive areas with the ball at their feet. 12 months ago Marshall would give the ball away in his own half a couple of times each game whereas he now looks comfortable under pressure. Feeney has cut out any mistakes he was making and Smith has improved defensively also, although he still needs to work on when to dribble out of defence and when to pass. Tim's ability to turn his man and play forward should move him ahead of Dendoncker in the pecking order at some point.

The team could do with more of a threat in behind as most of our forward players like the ball into feet. The full backs did provide that at times but we could do with someone in the attacking areas to run in behind.

Overall, a good controlled performance and the ref was up to his usual antics - booking our players for innocuous fouls and allowing the opposition to stop our counters by pulling our players back with no punishment.

Quick turnaround now with a very tricky trip to Charlton Athletic's senior side in the Papa John's Trophy at 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday) evening.

18 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Got excited when i saw an advert for Charlton streaming tonights game.. then realised that they are charging a tenner for the privilege. 

It's live Charlton TV if you got IPTV 

42 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm very pessimistic about this evening's result. Hopefully a good performance though. It's a learning experience.

The bookies have us as 16/1 to win and they are 12/1 on . And we are 1 nil down already. You are right to be pessimistic. 

Â