Pau Torres

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

is Pau Torres a meltdown level signing?

Not quite but still major. I think it would take more of an attacking and high profile player for that…

Maybe an attacker we weren’t expected to get or attract and would be competing against some major clubs to sign…

Chiesa would be insane! (For me anyway, he’s exceptional).

Felix perhaps.

Someone along those lines would cause a meltdown for sure! 😆

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

is Pau Torres a meltdown level signing?

Meltdown ..no.... very good signing ..yes. but  with the disappointing caveat that Mings will not play as much. And i think his physicality is needed next to Konsa. Mings is the perfect top 8 centre back. Gets his head on everything. Torres is a Man City class centreback where he would excel with a ton of possession and no last ditch defending. 

I think if we signed Torres then it would be Carlos partnering him. Dont think it would work as well with Konsa. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Not quite but still major. I think it would take more of an attacking and high profile player for that…

Maybe an attacker we weren’t expected to get or attract and would be competing against some major clubs to sign…

Chiesa would be insane! (For me anyway, he’s exceptional).

Felix perhaps.

Someone along those lines would cause a meltdown for sure! 😆

He would be a statement signing he’s more than good enough to play for any of the big hitters in Europe.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Is he that good?

Technical, ball-playing centre back with lots of European and international experience. Only ever played for his boyhood club. For him to leave and join us would be a statement absolutely.

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

He would be a statement signing he’s more than good enough to play for any of the big hitters in Europe.

Sure, but “meltdown”?

Guess it’s a matter of perspective.

I don’t care, I’ll be delighted anyway 🤣

But I’d be ecstatic and uncontrollable if we signed Chiesa 🤣

I can't think of a more high profile signing we have ever made. Coutinho had been underperforming for a few years, Tielemans had a poor season and got relegated, Kamara was high potential but hadn't really taken off yet, Schmeichel was in his twilight years. I can't think of a more high profile player in the prime years of their career who has been playing well when we signed them. Therefore yes, it is a huge signing. He could realistically expect to play for just about any team in the world. He is that good and that respected in the industry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

All those spanish sources say things like ”unless a more attractive club arrives”. Sounds like ”someone come and get me please”. Doubt he’ll come to us.

It’s probably more a case of how “looked down upon” we are as a club in general, especially by the media.

There will be many who will be upset, disgruntled or envious if we manage to attract such a player.

Sod ‘em 🤣

Just now, Monkeypuzzle said:

I can't think of a more high profile signing we have ever made. Coutinho had been underperforming for a few years, Tielemans had a poor season and got relegated, Kamara was high potential but hadn't really taken off yet, Schmeichel was in his twilight years. I can't think of a more high profile player in the prime years of their career who has been playing well when we signed them. Therefore yes, it is a huge signing. He could realistically expect to play for just about any team in the world. He is that good and that respected in the industry.

Fair, but what excites me… is that if we sign Torres… who do we have lined up next? Especially in attack?

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sure, but “meltdown”?

Guess it’s a matter of perspective.

I don’t care, I’ll be delighted anyway 🤣

But I’d be ecstatic and uncontrollable if we signed Chiesa 🤣

As good as he is I’d be worried he hasn’t played alot of football over the past 2 years .

Â