Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

The amount of negativity on this thread is ridiculous!

Not sure if it's negativity or preapring to face reality. The reality is, if we don't hit Chmpion's league this season, we are likely to get asset stripped of some of best players, and we'll never be able to break into it. Unfortunately we've lost all form at a time where just one win would have seen us secure Champions league. Spurs have 6 points pretty much gift wrapped for them so they're only 1 point behind us... I think there's every right to be concerned and if you're not concerned based on the football gods historically shitting on us.... I don't see the positivity at this stage, sorry

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if we lost the next 2 and still make 4th. Would be amazed if Spurs got anything from city game. But if they some how managed to at least we would know what needs to be done in the next game. 

It’s a shame how the season is ending but the injuries were always going to catch up with the team eventually.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah right they've lost 4 on the bounce haven't they?

They've lost to 4 decent sides who are in form. They didn't lose to a piss poor Brighton side who had been woeful for weeks. They now get to play 2 teams that have pretty much been propping up the league all season.

Edited by ben1505
error

City aren't throwing away the title with 2 games left, that doesn't bloody happen.

This would be a different story if Spurs were playing literally anybody else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

We just need one of 5 different fixtures to go our way.....surely!

We need Spurs v City to go our way.... the other 4 will go to form...

10 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Not sure if it's negativity or preapring to face reality. The reality is, if we don't hit Chmpion's league this season, we are likely to get asset stripped of some of best players, and we'll never be able to break into it. Unfortunately we've lost all form at a time where just one win would have seen us secure Champions league. Spurs have 6 points pretty much gift wrapped for them so they're only 1 point behind us... I think there's every right to be concerned and if you're not concerned based on the football gods historically shitting on us.... I don't see the positivity at this stage, sorry

The reality you need to face is that Spurs are playing City. 

8 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

They've lost to 4 decent sides who are in form. They didn't lose to a piss poor Brighton side who had been woeful for weeks. They now get to play 2 teams that have pretty much been propping up the league all season.

Liverpool had just lost to palace and Everton and drawn at West Ham - They were not in form!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

The positivity is that we're 2 games away from the end of the season and we're 4th. 4th! That's f'ing incredible!

The football gods historically crap on us? If anything, we've almost had plot armour these past 5 years with what we've been doing: somehow getting some of the best owners in the world as opposed to asset stripping chancers during our darkest moment, the incredible run to get playoff promotion, the Sheffield United non-goal helping to keep us up, Europe on the final day last season. 

Burnley have lost 2 in 9 and will be fighting for their lives. Hardly 'gift wrapped' points for a Spurs that have looked lost lately. Then they're up against a Man City having their annual unstoppable end of season form. Relax, see what happens.

And the permutations are all moot if we grab a single point against an inconsistent Liverpool or a Palace that will probably be on the beach.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

The reality you need to face is that Spurs are playing City. 

and there is a reality where Spurs get something from that game...

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

and there is a reality where Spurs get something from that game...

Of course it’s possibility but so unlikely! 

I remember once Spurs had to beat United last game of the season for Arsenal to win the league.  They took the lead and then embarrassing just rolled over to let United win 2-1.

Different situation as I don’t think they had anything to play for but you do wonder if they go a couple of goals down how much fight they will have left and how much fans will even be behind them. 

Fans would rather finish 5th than Arsenal win league.

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We just need one of 5 different fixtures to go our way.....surely!

That's it in a nutshell that's why Spurs are currently 16/1 to make fourth, maybe worth a punt even if its to soften the blow if the very unlikely was to happen 👍

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fans would rather finish 5th than Arsenal win league.

Fans don't play the game though...... it doesn't matter what the fans want to happen... 9 times out of 10, this City team beat Spurs but that 1 in 10 chance is the one that often bites Villa.

• Like 1

Just now, Frodo said:

That's it in a nutshell that's why Spurs are currently 16/1 to make fourth, maybe worth a punt even if its to soften the blow if the very unlikely was to happen 👍

Have done, put a lazy 1000 on it

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Those two games are largely irrelevant though, they still have to get at least a draw from the City game, it’s all on that for us.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Those two games are largely irrelevant though, they still have to get at least a draw from the City game, it’s all on that for us.

It's the draw that concerns me... the draw will be enough for them as they'll turn the GD around