Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Why did noone proof read it then?

tbh, trying to disprove this using spelling & grammar as your weapon of choice is a bit on the reachy side imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dale said:

In the UK there's no employment tribunal recourse, unless in case of discrimination based on a protected characteristic, unless you've been employed for two years. He can't bring an employment case against us if given the tin tack. 

I've been making a lot of jokes about the calling people "c*** suckers" but if this is true, then this is the kind of behaviour that Kevin McDonald and Tony McAndrew were sacked for. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Probably for the same reason you didn't proof read this post :D 

I'm not trying to persuade thousands of people to take action against a football club.  So probably not for the same reason

Just now, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Can someone give some examples of the typo and syntax errors because I read it quite quickly and didn't spot any.

What's the point though? It doesn't prove or disprove anything. Maybe the person who took it upon his/herself to type it up has English as their second language? It's immaterial to the content.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not trying to persuade thousands of people to take action against a football club.  So probably not for the same reason

You seem to imagine there's a committee of people behind this one post, there probably isn't, it's most likely one person airing the views of many without actually consulting any of them

The proof reading thing really is a straw you're clutching at

It could also be someone with a reputation for impeccable use of grammar at work deliberately throwing the club off the scent :D 

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

What's the point though? It doesn't prove or disprove anything. Maybe the person who took it upon his/herself to type it up has English as their second language? It's immaterial to the content.

The point is that I didn't actually see any so I'm just interested to see if there are actually any errors or people are incorrectly interpreting things as errors. I'm a bit of a stickler for grammar!

It would have no influence on my opinion as to the validity of the claims as I know that people who have been under a great deal of stress are often going to make mistakes when writing a relatively long and detailed document.

• Like 1

Just now, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

The point is that I didn't actually see any so I'm just interested to see if there are actually any errors or people are incorrectly interpreting things as errors. I'm a bit of a stickler for grammar!

It would have no influence on my opinion as to the validity of the claims as I know that people who have been under a great deal of stress are often going to make mistakes when writing a relatively long and detailed document.

I see :D

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

You seem to imagine there's a committee of people behind this one post, there probably isn't, it's most likely one person airing the views of many without actually consulting any of them

The proof reading thing really is a straw you're clutching at

It could also be someone with a reputation for impeccable use of grammar at work deliberately throwing the club off the scent :D 

Hahaha exactly. Clever bastard(s?)!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

If I'm trying to persuade other people to take action on my behalf, against an organisation that is a well loved football club, and volunteering myself as the voice of "the Villa staff", I'm not making fundamental errors in my plea.

@bickster if this is one person doing it off their own back, they shouldn't be signing it off as the voice of all the staff. 

@Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

Screenshot_20240215_142648_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240215_142441_X.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

If I'm trying to persuade other people to take action on my behalf, against an organisation that is a well loved football club, and volunteering myself as the voice of "the Villa staff", I'm not making fundamental errors in my plea.

@bickster if this is one person doing it off their own back, they shouldn't be signing it off as the voice of all the staff. 

@Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

Screenshot_20240215_142648_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240215_142441_X.jpg

Well I guess that rules you out then

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s not one employee, absolutely guaranteed. It's many. Lots of fans know staff members, there have been mutterings for months and all from different directions

Turn that first sentence around, this also isn’t the way you’d be expected to be treated by the club you love

tbh i was sceptical when i first read it as this day and age you jusy don't know, but, with your knowledge of the club, staff, fans etc....

.....there's no smoke without fire

regardless of any stance on the badge, NS etc this is clearly very disappointing and damaging.

I fear it's going to get worse before it get's better

Hmmmm... some very strong accusations there, and if it turns out to be true then things are about to get quite messy. It's a big if though, Twitter really is nothing more than a cesspit of bots, trolls and clout chasers nowadays.

Tom Collomosse from the Mail is following the account now (he covers Midlands sport) so it will be interesting to see if he produces anything on it. I dislike the Mail but Tom is almost bearable which is the highest compliment anyone from that rag will get from me.

The club has been very silent with regards to off-the-pitch things recently so I'd be surprised if there's any statement regarding it.

If Heck does go then it's going be interesting to see what the next man does, in theory some easy wins to get the fans on board with regards to the crest and North Stand if they can convince the owners to go back down those routes.

If this all turns out to be true what kind of a state are we going to be in entering our 150 year? Might go rupture my ACL to really feel part of it...

39 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

There could also be an exclusive corporate "c*** suckers club" where, for an additional fee, he could shout "c*** sucker!" at you.

Was I the only one hoping this club that you proposed would work a little ‘differently’? The name is a bit misleading if you ask me…

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, djdabush said:

I do wonder how much people are willing to believe just because they don't like Chris Heck.

If it is true then there will be several employment tribunals surfacing soon. I'll reserve judgement until we have more evidence than an anonymous twitter post though.

I bet if it's true it'll have a date set before Man City face their allegation claims.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

You don't need to wonder really, it's been leaked by internal members of staff at Villa to show that our CEO and his cronies are destroying the club. 

Bring back Purslow, all is forgiven. 

@sidcow Bring Back Purslow.

We've gone full circle baby!

• Like 1

Â