The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

Bassey to Fulham done 22m

Giles to Luton 5m

If anyone can remember him sergi samper has signed for fc andorra! Barca youth moved to their Japanese team kobe with iniesta now gone to the team owned by pique, they've also signed marmol from barca

On 25/07/2023 at 11:30, villa89 said:

West Ham are going to start throwing around that Declan Rice money now. Ward-Prowse and Gallagher to replace him.

It seems they may be adopting the Levy approach to transfers though. Two £20m bids rejected: 

18 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

West Ham have £20mil bid for Harry maguire rejected 

& according to today's Times the same offer for JWP. They demand over £100m for Rice who is in the last year of his contract, but offer a fraction of what other clubs want for their players. :rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

It seems they may be adopting the Levy approach to transfers though. Two £20m bids rejected: 

& according to today's Times the same offer for JWP. They demand over £100m for Rice who is in the last year of his contract, but offer a fraction of what other clubs want for their players. :rolleyes: 

Dont see the problem. United for example have publicly told Maguire to leave so should be expecting low ball bids

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont see the problem. United for example have publicly told Maguire to leave so should be expecting low ball bids

I think they were asking twice that, as were Southampton. Everyone knows they have the Rice fee and they got their stadium for next to nothing, I don't care about their offers if the selling club's want to accept them, it's up to them, I just think they are trying it on with other clubs (particularly Southampton), after demanding top dollar themselves. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

I think they were asking twice that, as were Southampton. Everyone knows they have the Rice fee and they got their stadium for next to nothing, I don't care about their offers if the selling club's want to accept them, it's up to them, I just think they are trying it on with other clubs (particularly Southampton), after demanding top dollar themselves. 

I dont like West Ham but dont see a problem at all. Overpaying for players is stupid and just because you have money it doesn't mean have to waste it

Especially as they are probably the only bidders for both players

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont like West Ham but dont see a problem at all. Overpaying for players is stupid and just because you have money it doesn't mean have to waste it

Agreed 100%. I just think they will struggle to get players for below what clubs like Southampton want, when those clubs know they have money resting in their account. I think £20m for JWP is underpaying and can't see them getting him for under £30m, if that. I think my problem is, I want them to pay through the nose for any players that they go for during this window...;) 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

It’s because they made someone over pay for their player.

Cavani gone to boca

Miami signed an argie called facundo farias for 5m, Suarez has bought out his contract with gremio in an attempt to join but he can't until January

Karl darlow to Leeds from Newcastle

Nico Gonzalez to Porto putting 10m in barca coffers

El bilal toure to atalanta for 28m

13 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Man Utd agree Hojlund deal for £72M

Scored 9 goals in Serie A last season.. 😳

It’s got United flop written all over it. Another Anthony potentially.

Even in todays crazy market £72m should be finished product money.

Kane’s brother seems to be pricing him out of transfers, it was reported the other day he wants £30m a year in wages.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Cavani gone to boca

Miami signed an argie called facundo farias for 5m, Suarez has bought out his contract with gremio in an attempt to join but he can't until January

Karl darlow to Leeds from Newcastle

Nico Gonzalez to Porto putting 10m in barca coffers

El bilal toure to atalanta for 28m

Why can’t Suarez move till January? Is it that 2/3 clubs in a year thing? Sometimes players can get an exemption from that so maybe he’s hoping to get it approved by FIFA.

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Maxim looks like he's going to the Saudi league. Where is the ambition? This is a player in his prime and he wants to play in some tin pot league in a desert. Unbelievable!

He's vastly over rated. Highlights player and probably really good in FIFA so people think he's better than he is. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why can’t Suarez move till January? Is it that 2/3 clubs in a year thing? Sometimes players can get an exemption from that so maybe he’s hoping to get it approved by FIFA.

Looked in more detail, he's bought one year out so he's still contracted with them until the end of the year when the Brazilian season finishes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Man Utd agree Hojlund deal for £72M

Scored 9 goals in Serie A last season.. 😳

He might be brilliant in 4 seasons and the money looks like nothing...

...but that is a LOT of money for someone who has done so little.  He's had 2 seasons of professional football - 2!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s got United flop written all over it. Another Anthony potentially.

Even in todays crazy market £72m should be finished product money.

Kane’s brother seems to be pricing him out of transfers, it was reported the other day he wants £30m a year in wages.

I was gonna say why didn't they just get Kane but yeah the reported £575K PW wage demands are ridiculous if true.