NFL 2023 Draft Topic

Tegis

Most teams picked best player available, few big trades... Houston really gambling for it to get 2nd and 3rd pick. Not sure I would have gone for an RB with a top 10 pick like the Falcons have.... but we're not picking until late today anyway so my opinion is moot. Lions taking an RB bit of a headscratcher too

We wait nearly 2 days to draft and take a kicker with the 99th pick (after trading up for a safety who may or may not be good). **** stupid 

Oh and a crap TE at 101 too. So safety (partial need) kicker (desperate need but not top 100 pick need) and tight end (not needed)

My consensus after reading reactions is that we got good players but bad trade-value.
Another WR suggests we might trade one of the incumbents for future picks.

That said, I have no idea

No. 63: Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma
No. 67: Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
No. 83: Riley Moss, CB, Iowa

6 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

take a kicker

Eisen was beyond happy :D That said, IF you nail down a reliable kicker for 15 years it's worth more than a 3rd rounder. Never seen a SB winner with a bad kicker. And you have a gazillion picks left

12 minutes ago, Tegis said:

My consensus after reading reactions is that we got good players but bad trade-value.
Another WR suggests we might trade one of the incumbents for future picks.

That said, I have no idea

No. 63: Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma
No. 67: Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
No. 83: Riley Moss, CB, Iowa

Mims is who I wanted on day 2 rather than a WR on day 1

On 28/04/2023 at 04:41, theunderstudy said:

Most teams picked best player available, few big trades... Houston really gambling for it to get 2nd and 3rd pick. Not sure I would have gone for an RB with a top 10 pick like the Falcons have.... but we're not picking until late today anyway so my opinion is moot. Lions taking an RB bit of a headscratcher too

Gibbs has been extremely underrated in the mock drafts because he's more than a running back and also played receiver in college.  He's more of an Alvin Kamara type running back/receiver who can also line up in the slot and catch a lot of screens.  Reports came out yesterday that the Patriots or Jets were reportedly going to draft him 14th or 15th if the Lions didn't get him. 

As for the Lions drafting him, D'Andre Swift is a very good running back, but he's always injured for significant periods of time during the season and drops a lot of screen passes.  It's part of the reason why an average career backup running back in Jamaal Williams broke Barry Sanders's single season TD record last year.  Having an extremely flexible weapon like Gibbs in the backfield makes the already potent Lions offense even more dangerous.  

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Positional value though ain't it

You need to be a HoF RB to be going that low

And there was a tonne of talent on the board too

They are having so much fun though and the true best pick is the friends we make along the way . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â