NFL 2023 Draft Topic

Tegis

Even if this doesn't pan out it feels like we can be excited about the Texans for the first time in quite some time. 

New head coach. Decent free agency pick ups. 

And now we've just drafted the guy with the most touchdowns in the last 2 years of college football, and the guy with the most sacks in the last 2 years. 

Excited.

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

They are having so much fun though and the true best pick is the friends we make along the way . 

The thing with the draft is on the day it's easy to slate a pick based on the context of who is left on the board

Give it a year and it all just blurs on the swings and round abouts and it is just based on the context of actual performance

If he plays well no one will care that they didn't take the best DT or CB, it only seems to get judged on positions if that - see the WR run this time next year, chargers pick will be shit if Addison has a better year but went 2 picks later

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Positional value though ain't it

You need to be a HoF RB to be going that low

And there was a tonne of talent on the board too

Brad Holmes, Detroit's GM, just had 2 of the best drafts of my lifetime as a Lions fan.  He's earned a lot of trust going into this one from the fans, so bugger positional value, IMO.  Plus, he's picked up two players in the second round that were frequently mocked in the 1st round, so I don't really care which order they were drafted in.  We have drafted 4 starters and a rotational DT with our first 5 picks, which is outstanding for a team which was already the bookies' favorite to win our division going into the draft.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tegis said:

Eisen was beyond happy :D That said, IF you nail down a reliable kicker for 15 years it's worth more than a 3rd rounder. Never seen a SB winner with a bad kicker. And you have a gazillion picks left

I mean yeah it's important to nail down a kicker. But he would have been there in the 4th, and we could have traded down into it from one of our 3 3rd round picks. The TE pick looks worse and worse in the cold light of day, can't picture anyone picking him prior to the 6th round.

Genuinely think this is our crappest draft in 11 years. Only 2012 has been worse recently than this and that's because there wasn't a single starter in that draft

• Like 1

Another WR??

Allen or Williams are definitley gone after next year then, strange pick and feels like a waste

6 man WR room for a team that usually names 4

Edit - unless he can return? Maybe ST pick up

Edited by villa4europe

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Another WR??

Allen or Williams are definitley gone after next year then, strange pick and feels like a waste

6 man WR room for a team that usually names 4

Edit - unless he can return? Maybe ST pick up

WRs on day 3 tend to be rotational pieces and ST options. I'm trying to think of our day 3 WRs recently and the best one is probably Jauan Jennings followed by Kendrick Bourne (UDFA) who were both gimmick players who basically could catch anything on 3rd down but nothing on 1st or 2nd 

Everyone NFL-related on my Twitter feed has just started laughing at the Packers selecting the QB Clifford from PSU. I've never heard of him in my life but it's unusual to see such unified derision 

37 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Everyone NFL-related on my Twitter feed has just started laughing at the Packers selecting the QB Clifford from PSU. I've never heard of him in my life but it's unusual to see such unified derision 

Packers fans over here in the States are a bit like Arsenal fans in the UK.  Most aren't from Wisconsin, they moan about everything, they always think they're better than they actually are, and are quick to gloat whenever they win a game.  They're always good to laugh at. 

57 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Packers fans over here in the States are a bit like Arsenal fans in the UK.  Most aren't from Wisconsin, they moan about everything, they always think they're better than they actually are, and are quick to gloat whenever they win a game.  They're always good to laugh at. 

Oh don't worry I haven't missed how obnoxious Packers fans are. They're owed some crap QB play for 30 or so years after having Favre and Rodgers back to back 

Much better 5th round picks. Positions of need, Edge depth for Beal Jr from Georgia and Corner that was needed in Darrell Luter Jr from South Alabama. 3 more picks in 6th and 7th total and we're donezo

Â