NFL 2023 Draft Topic

Tegis

After seeing what we did with free agency, I genuinely can't see what Dallas really needs.

Perhaps a tackle and another tight end. Maybe another RB later on.

A lot of pundits saying Stroud will go #1, but I still think it will be (and should be) Young.

Edited by Beastmix

I dunno... Saw a mock draft throw out that the texans wouldn't take a QB with their 1st pick they'd take one with their 2nd

That would start a frenzy for the arizona pick, which the around the NFL podcast "conspiracy theory" earlier this week was that they'd tank like mad this year to pick up caleb Williams, obviously ditching Murray along the way

I think this year will be the year where the incredible player slides and lands in the lap of the chargers just like slater and James.... But this year they don't take him...

Unless the eagles take Bijan I think he'll be there, he could be the story of round 1

The TE and WR looks to be the interest, chargers need both but the value might be on day 2, can see them making a bad WR pick in the first round, I'm not sold on Addison or hyatt but there's a lot out there to work with realistically at 21 be it Meyer or kincaid (I don't think both go top 20) branch, Nolan Smith 

Chargers in total need a speedy WR, a TE, edge, CB, probably a DT and a swing tackle and then they need to sort ekeler out, it's a big draft for telesco

do you think they'll ever change it for the more global audience? 

put day 1 on a friday or saturday night? or does the huge american audience see thursday as a football night and love the day 2 and 3 stuff?

with the chargers at 21 i wont watch it live which is a shame because it can be a great night

would also love a live recorded podcast on the friday morning drive to work if anyone knows one, i know a few that will be overviews but wouldnt mind a 3 hour long pick by pick recording

On 14/04/2023 at 23:46, villa4europe said:

I'm not sold on Addison or hyatt

Hendon Hooker and Jalin Hyatt are both in the SEC East with Florida so I have seen them both a fair bit and IMO both are going to be steals in this draft .   Anybody who does this to Alabama must have something about them. 

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Hendon Hooker and Jalin Hyatt are both in the SEC East with Florida so I have seen them both a fair bit and IMO both are going to be steals in this draft .   Anybody who does this to Alabama must have something about them. 

At 21?

I think the values on day 2

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At 21?

I think the values on day 2

I have no idea what your needs are ,  I thought you just didn't rate Hyatt but yes I think it's far easier to find great WR's outside of round 1 especially this year . There's no real standout number one guy .  I haven't seen anybody in this class as good as Marvin Harrison Jr but there are loads of 8/10 level players.

We need a speed guy at WR for now but then probably a WR in general for 24 cos I don't see Allen and Williams staying that year, would you take hyatt over flowers? Think njigba will be gone by the texans 2nd pick

TE, edge, CB, probably DT, maybe a centre but not round 1, RB if ekeler isn't sorted

Pretty much a BPA scenario because there's so many needs, got to take Robinson if he slides (he won't) kincaide or mayer (not sure on washington) Nolan Smith, branch, the top 3 CBs will be gone

Just now, villa4europe said:

We need a speed guy at WR for now but then probably a WR in general for 24 cos I don't see Allen and Williams staying that year, would you take hyatt over flowers? Think njigba will be gone by the texans 2nd pick

TE, edge, CB, probably DT, maybe a centre but not round 1, RB if ekeler isn't sorted

Pretty much a BPA scenario because there's so many needs, got to take Robinson if he slides (he won't) kincaide or mayer (not sure on washington) Nolan Smith, branch, the top 3 CBs will be gone

Hyatt is a flat out speedster whereas Flowers is more of a route runner so it depends which type you need more . Quentin Johnston ticks both those boxes and he was catching passes from Max Duggan unlike Njigba (who has had Stroud and Fields the last few years) so Johnston would be my safest bet .  Jacksonville are in a similiar situation with a good WR corps right now but nobody on the books for the future so hopefully we pick a couple up in the later rounds .  Josh Downs , Nathaniel Dell , Marvin Mims, Cedric Tillman , Rashee Rice  , Kayshon Boutte , Michael Wilson and Jonathan Mingo are the group I have in my head for the later round sand I would be happy with any of them. 

With regards to TE I think Darnell Washington is the most talented by miles.  Kincaid , Mayer , Musgrave , Kraft and La Porta all have way better stats than Washington  but it doesn't take into account how Georgia play . They are a run and D team who don't air it out all day and they also have Brock Bowers who has a great chance at being the first TE selected next year .If Washington is still there at 24 I hope the Jags run that pick in .  He's raw but he's a an absolute wrecking ball.

If I had to guess who the best lottery ticket  turns out to be this year based on projected draft position vs actual talent then for me that would would be QB Clayton Tune . 

• Like 1

All I want is Anthony Richardson going anywhere but the AFC South. I can't shake the feeling that everyone who passes on him will regret it . He can learn what Young and Stroud do well but you couldn't teach them to do what AR15 does.

There are far too many variables to guess who the Jags take but Cam Robinson's PED suspension probably puts tackle at top priority .

Â