Help please!

YorkshireCoop

Who would you rather listen to at a dinner doo?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather listen to at a dinner doo?

• Big Fat Ron and Deano
    • A couple of the 82 team

I am planning a charity evening and will be using Villa Park

However, I cant make my mind up on who to use as the guest speakers.

I am tied between Ron Atkinson and Dean Saunders ( bit of a 90s theme )

Or.. some of the 82 boys ( 2 or 3 )

If you had the choice, who would you rather listen to?

Well I'm strictly an 81/82 man when it comes to the Villa, but I guess it depends on which team members you have and whether they are any good at this sort of thing (I wouldn't know).

So I've voted for BFR on the grounds that he's pretty much GUARANTEED to be entertaining.

I'd forgotton what a legend BFR was until I was at the Odense match and they were showing the Inter Milan win on the TV's, big Ron complete with shades (for a night game), perma tan and looking ice cool.

I thought BFR would be a bit different, especially with Dean Saunders

Get the impression the 82 boys do quite a bit these days and might be slightly waring thin on this type of thing

Spot on and as a lot of people have been to some sort of 82 forum they will have heard m,ost of the questions already.

BFR without a doubt as i hear he is very entertaining! and always has a good story.

I voted for BFR, but it was a very selfish vote. I voted them purely because I wasn't born for the 82 success, so while it would be brilliant to listen to those guys speak about it etc, it's ntohing I could really relate to.

However, BFR and Deano would talk about an era that I remember fondly. I only became a Villa fan around the time Ron took over so I personally would find it more interesting to listen to those two.

Same with me really, I think BFR era was the best Villa team I ever saw so its no real match for me.

My worry is ticket prices - i heard Villa struggled to sell tickets for the Paul Merson evening and that was only £25 - and advertised everywhere!

Id need to sell out all 570 of my tickets to make it any worth while, and be around the £40 mark at that!

I voted for BFR, but it was a very selfish vote. I voted them purely because I wasn't born for the 82 success, so while it would be brilliant to listen to those guys speak about it etc, it's ntohing I could really relate to.

However, BFR and Deano would talk about an era that I remember fondly. I only became a Villa fan around the time Ron took over so I personally would find it more interesting to listen to those two.

Exactly the same here, even down to when I became a Villa fan. Big Ron is a legend.

Id go for Big Ron. The bloke oozes charisma, and if you want an after dinner speaker then thats probably the single most important quality you need.

Exactly the same here, even down to when I became a Villa fan. Big Ron is a legend.

Yeah but would you pay to see him? Say, £40 with 3 course meal at Villa park?

Yeah but would you pay to see him? Say, £40 with 3 course meal at Villa park?

No I wouldn't, but then I don't think that there's anybody who I'd necessarily pay money to hear give an after dinner speech and that sort of event isn't really my cup of tea. But I know for a fact that there would be an awful lot of people out there who would. Particularly if you chose Ron. I think he would be by far the more entertaining option of the two.

Â