Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Irrespective of position, there is no way we are spending another £40M+ on a single player this window - FFP will not facilitate it. My best guess would be a loan forward/striker and a young RB who will be relatively cheap. (obvs if Digne goes then a low value LB as well).

Probably 2 players incoming max (3 if Digne goes)

We are getting close to 30m for archer JPB and davis and thats pure profit so that might not necessarily be the case

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unless he's coming to replace Ollie....

I don't think he would.

He could drop off in that role that Diaby is occupying, and we can then move Diaby out wide to utilise his pace.

Won't happen anyway, but would be a great signing.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We are getting close to 30m for archer JPB and davis and thats pure profit so that might not necessarily be the case

Add the £14mill for A.Ramsey - that’s £40mill profit right there … 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agreed re the nice boost to FFP from the sale of the kids. However, even with this profit, it will not facilitate a large transfer fee plus the high wages that a £30-40M+ purchase would require. Our two high value signings have already been made (Pau and Diaby). I think our expectaions had been raised with speculation of us pending £150-200M etc...In hindsight we were never in that position and this has now been confirmed as wre are selling the kids to recoup monies to satisfy FFP as well as give us a bit of wiggle room for a couple more squad additions. I just can't see us buying any more players of the quality/value that we already have signed. Some fine tuning in the last few wdays to bolster our depth in defence and attack. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

this has now been confirmed as wre are selling the kids to recoup monies to satisfy FFP

Has it ? Or is it just best business acumen to monetise players we don’t need ?

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Has it ? Or is it just best business acumen to monetise players we don’t need ?

Absolutely to monetise players.....in order to make profit and offset/contribute to FFP. This is how our academy will  now be run, imo.

Now, whether the current sales are to balance the purchases we have made (with a bit of excess) or are to ensure that we are in a good place re FFP compliance in future windows, we will never know. I agree its all a bit chicken and egg. Personally, I do not see these sales as solely providing the cash we need for some more big signings in the next 8 days....its all part of the balancing act we, as a relatively low revenue stream club, have to achieve.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eholm said:

I think the '50 Million' line tells us all we need to know! Not. A. Chance. In. Hell.

Please expound…

edit: oh, you don’t think we can afford to pay that much for a player?

I’m not so sure…

but I’d rather spend it on someone who can immediately impact and elevate the team rather than potential and someone who may be injury prone…

I know very little about Ansu Fati though…

and am only just beginning to find out about the bullshit spouting and drama created by the Spanish media…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

i think it would surprise me to see us all of a sudden push a lot of money at something without some pre existing foundation. Everything under Unai has felt quite pre-meditated. Even the transfer out of Ramsey seemed to take an age. If we have any more incomings, i suspect they will be someone that we have previous links with or Emery certainly does.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Please expound…

The article talks about a 50M deal. There is no way we are going to spend or are ABLE to spend 50M on any player this year for the reasons i've alluded to previously. 

Emery happy with squad, moves away for Bailey, Digne, Dendoncker, Chambers were a possibility with the club ready to listen to offers, which would have meant replacements brought in, but nothing on the horizion, so looks like we're going with what we've got 😍✨

Just now, eholm said:

The article talks about a 50M deal. There is no way we are going to spend or are ABLE to spend 50M on any player this year for the reasons i've alluded to previously. 

Ok, I’ll read back but how about… a 50m deal divided up (initial fee reduced) by add ons etc? Or loan to buy deals?

We’ve spent circa £75-£80 million so far and will have hopefully recouped around £40-£45million in sales with virtually all of that pure FFP profit. So current net spend will be between £35-£45mill . Smart business and also Room for further signings for sure 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Emery happy with squad, moves away for Bailey, Digne, Dendoncker, Chambers were a possibility with the club ready to listen to offers, which would have meant replacements brought in, but nothing on the horizion, so looks like we're going with what we've got 😍✨

Would wait and see before making or alluding to definitive statements or judging…

there is still time for a lot to happen…

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We’ve spent circa £75-£80 million so far and will have hopefully recouped around £40-£45million in sales with virtually all of that pure FFP profit. So current net spend will be between £35-£45mill . Smart business and also Room for further signings for sure 

Has seemed as though we’ve been making moves to allow for more incomings…

Funds are still there to be spent..

But I’m not clued up on finances and FFP… but there are workarounds against such limitations… probably why we see so many loan deals…