Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

“We heard the news yesterday (Wednesday) knowing he (Buendia) was injured,” said Emery. “We were so quick thinking about changing the squad for the challenge we face. We are trying again to manage the players we have and how we can add someone more or not.

“This situation has changed a little bit. We have injured players coming back, hopefully as soon as possible over the next weeks. But I want to create a strong structure in the squad with the players and the possibility to occupy each space with two strong players in each position. We speak about usually having 20 to 22 players and then goalkeepers to be strong.”

So I think that we pulled the trigger on Zaniolo after the news about Buendia. Loan with Option to buy means we add a similar player to the squad to cover the loss of Buendia.

I feel we need to get a Striker in now as competition or back up for Watkins. If he was out for 3 months for example it would derail our season.

Archer leaving means replacement coming. It'll be interesting of we decide to allow Coutinho to leave and fund another signing or if we give him a chance to shine now we have lost Buendia

I think Zaniolo is directly executed on back of Buendia injury though so I feel more content we have done our best to loan in a player to cover the loss. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

Davis not given squad number, we freezing him out or is an announcement of a move away imminent 

Assumption is there are multiple clubs after him. All will meet our fee and Davis is probably waiting to see if his preferred one falls into place. He's probably like 2nd choice target at the club he wants to join. 

Linked with us recently but I do feel sorry somewhat for players in this situation who get this far thinking they are moving and through no fault of their own get dumped.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, markc said:

That leaves Liverpool still looking for a midfielder though.

I agree with thabucks, it won't be long before the media start putting Boubaca and/or Dougie forward (Collymore already suggested Bouba for them)  and they do like to take a player of us ☹  

If they turn to us late in the window they're gonna pay an absurd fee for players with 4 and 3 years left on their contracts. They're better off agreeing a fee for Lavia

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Linked with us recently but I do feel sorry somewhat for players in this situation who get this far thinking they are moving and through no fault of their own get dumped.

Yeah that's pretty shitty from Chelsea.

I guess it does happen the other way though with the likes of Joe Bryan, Max Aarons.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They used Adams as a pawn, I kinda felt it was. They were not paying the price Brighton wanted to Caciado and moved on to Adams. Liverpool bid and Chelsea's ploy failed.

Hopefully we can move for Adams now if we can find a buyer for Dendoncker. His injury is a bit of a spanner though 

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah - having everything agreed, medical done etc, but only documents not signed, that's pretty shitty. Wherever he ends up, he'll be psyched for the matches against Chelsea.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah that's pretty shitty from Chelsea.

I guess it does happen the other way though with the likes of Joe Bryan, Max Aarons.

We had the worst one in David Unsworth barely after the inked dried on the contract.

• Like 1

One seldom mentioned factor holding us back a bit on the transfer markets is most players simply aren't old enough to understand how big of a club the Villa are. They've grown up in a world where Villa were mostly midtable and even relegated. The longer we can punch upwards and secure European spots, the easier it will be to attract top talent. But at this point, we're still weighed down a bit by our recent history. Wiser players and insightful agents will see that Villa are currently an incredible opportunity club. So that's one advantage to being not-yet-huge.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

In the current transfer market, our midfield five is now worth around:

Kamara - £80m

Luiz - £80m

Ramsey - £60m

McGinn - £60m

Tielemans - £50m

£330m worth, bought for £18m.

For what it’s worth I don’t think they would top 250

34 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Well, everyone now knows what Liverpool has to spend. It's about to get super fun.

And how desperate Klopp is for a CM. If Liverpool don't get him whoever they turn to as option B both club and player will be able to absolutely take them to the cleaners. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

And how desperate Klopp is for a CM. If Liverpool don't get him whoever they turn to as option B both club and player will be able to absolutely take them to the cleaners. 

spacer.png

I really hope we don't go for Adams. He hasn't shown anything to make him look better than Dendoncker. He may have been Leeds best player but that's not hard, is it? We are looking to buy players of a much higher calibre now. Anyone we replace gets replaced by a BETTER player who can genuinely compete for first XI time. I was hoping this move to Chelsea would happen to put these rumours to bed!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

As long as it's not Douglas or Bouba 😬

I have no concern… they have other options and priorities such as Lavia…

If anyone wants our top players, they’re going to have to pay crazy amounts…

Have read that there have been offers (think it was a Townley article) for some of our top players but they were rejected “out of hand”, immediately with no hesitation or consideration…

We want to achieve big things… we do that by keeping our better players and adding to that group…

I’d actually be very annoyed if any of our important players were even interested in leaving unless it was for an elite CL club (with a chance of winning it), especially with the trajectory we are on and the progress we are making under Unai…. It genuinely seems a happy camp and they are all being enlightened… we have major intent and ambition… the aim is to disrupt the established order… and I believe Unai can do just that…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1