Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I mainly just detest their fans now, the arrogance and entitlement. And the faux rivalry they have created. We don’t give a shit about them but they are so obsessed with us…

Funnily enough, I live in Wolverhampton and am the sole Villa fan in my family 😂 not all of whom are big football fans or all that passionate though…

They’ve been very mediocre for a very long time but the change in attitude has been annoying… very fickle too. Dodgy dealing to get them where they got, adored then stabbed their beloved manager in the back…

They think they are much better than they actually are…

Maybe you missed the recent talk that they believe none of our players, bar maybe Watkins, would get into their side…

High time they were humbled…

This probably goes without saying so sorry for stating the obvious, but all the Wolves fans I know say that none of their side would get in our strongest XI now and they'd even say Dendonker would walk back into the team if he was still there and he's way down our pecking order. 

Even Tim on The Athletic says he's very worried about Wolves and that's shared by the guys I know. HITC Sevens did a video on them a few days ago and there's very little arrogance in the comments from their fans. 

The thing is there's always a glimmer of eternal hope in football and their starting XI is better than at least 3 other teams, O'Neil has just kept up a worse side in the league and their form in pre-season was good. But I think the optimism only goes as far as "we might not finish below 17th" in my experience. 

Just playing devil's advocate really because I've been seeing a lot of hate for Wolves fans and their arrogance recently, not from you personally or saying that what you're saying is wrong, just that every club has their idiots who have blind optimism and hate on others for no reason. 

Maybe it's due to where you live because I'm in Leeds and find them insufferable and their irrational hatred of us 

Iroegbunam and Archer given their squad numbers, so for now look to be in the plans of the manager. Philogene-Bidace has his double-barreled surname on the official squad list again. 

Can't see anyone else obvious excluded unless they're such a forgotten player for Villa I didn't even know they were still here. 

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

This probably goes without saying so sorry for stating the obvious, but all the Wolves fans I know say that none of their side would get in our strongest XI now and they'd even say Dendonker would walk back into the team if he was still there and he's way down our pecking order. 

Even Tim on The Athletic says he's very worried about Wolves and that's shared by the guys I know. HITC Sevens did a video on them a few days ago and there's very little arrogance in the comments from their fans. 

The thing is there's always a glimmer of eternal hope in football and their starting XI is better than at least 3 other teams, O'Neil has just kept up a worse side in the league and their form in pre-season was good. But I think the optimism only goes as far as "we might not finish below 17th" in my experience. 

Just playing devil's advocate really because I've been seeing a lot of hate for Wolves fans and their arrogance recently, not from you personally or saying that what you're saying is wrong, just that every club has their idiots who have blind optimism and hate on others for no reason. 

Maybe it's due to where you live because I'm in Leeds and find them insufferable and their irrational hatred of us 

No problem, as you suggest it depends on what you see or hear, when, what and from who, from what time etc. every fanbase has their idiots but some have a lot more than others…

All I’ve seen and heard is arrogance and stupidity but I don’t actively search it out, it tends to get in the way or noticed when looking for other things. I don’t have any interest in them but many of them are obsessed with our club… Gabby likes to rile them up too 😂 but their fans have been vocal about downplaying us and delusional about themselves as some so called “pride of the midlands”… they fast tracked themselves through suspicious and questionable methods and now think they belong or are a “big club” when they’re nothing of the sort… calling us “finished” when it applies to them way more than it could ever do to us… it’s an inferiority complex and they can’t handle it…

Being in Leeds, you wouldn’t be exposed to as much of it as I am although I’ve seen more crap online than in person…

And yeah, I’m delighted that Leeds have gone down… they were even scummier… and their stupid and ridiculous insulting of Ty (why???)… where are they now?

Enjoy the Champo lads, no Bielsa to bail you out this time…

I just really dislike this irrational hatred and faux “rivalries”…

Prefer to focus on and enjoy my own team (I have no interest in them) but when trash is put in front of your eyes and you have to hear it…. it’s annoying and distasteful… 

These people are pathetic and quite relentless to be frank…

14 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Davis not given squad number, we freezing him out or is an announcement of a move away imminent 

Hope he’s on his way, for good. Long overdue… a decent fee would be nice.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol... Caicedo has flipped again and told Brighton he only wants to join Chelsea now, after they'd agreed everything with Liverpool 🤣

According to Romano

Would be hilarious if he Fs it all up again and has to make do with staying at Brighton again 😂

I think Chelsea will get their man, but why TF do they have an unlimited budget and free reign to sign and register so many players??? Especially at such astronomical fees?

The rules just don’t apply to some…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would be hilarious if he Fs it all up again and has to make do with staying at Brighton again 😂

I think Chelsea will get their man, but why TF do they have an unlimited budget and free reign to sign and register so many players??? Especially at such astronomical fees?

The rules just don’t apply to some…

To be fair, this window, they’ve sold over €253 million worth of players. More than what they’ve spent on incoming. Although the Caicedo deal will heavily tip the scales toward the money spent category.

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol... Caicedo has flipped again and told Brighton he only wants to join Chelsea now, after they'd agreed everything with Liverpool 🤣

According to Romano

That leaves Liverpool still looking for a midfielder though.

I agree with thabucks, it won't be long before the media start putting Boubaca and/or Dougie forward (Collymore already suggested Bouba for them)  and they do like to take a player of us ☹  

4 minutes ago, markc said:

That leaves Liverpool still looking for a midfielder though.

I agree with thabucks, it won't be long before the media start putting Boubaca and/or Dougie forward (Collymore already suggested Bouba for them)  and they do like to take a player of us ☹  

No chance we'll sell either of those so late in the window. They'd have to match their offer for Caiceido tbh and they won't do that — we're not as sexy as Brighton.

Edited by est1874