Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

It may be smart in one way......but some players might baulk at that in negotiations.

I once put that ( incentivising output) to Ron Atkinson, at a shareholders meeting....He said " If you did that, they wouldn't sign for you"

Players want as many guarantee's as they can get, and that is part of their consideration, when choosing a club.....Much depends on the clout, that the player has.

Yet all these players still signed with Chelsea. I think it's because they are young and thus the lowish base salary is still a big pay increase for them. Then they get lots of additional pay the more they play and better the team does. 

If it's confirmed Archer and Duran are to be kept around I think that pretty much signals we won't be adding any one else to the forward line  - Ollie, Archer, JD, Bailey, Diaby and Traore it is.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yet all these players still signed with Chelsea. I think it's because they are young and thus the lowish base salary is still a big pay increase for them. Then they get lots of additional pay the more they play and better the team does. 

Like I say, It depends on the clout the players have.

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

What worries me is why have there been no real bids for Amrabat, given his relatively cheap price in comparison 

Can't see us being in for him unless Dendonker or Luiz or both move on.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Why does that worry you?

Has he a bad attitude or trouble maker for example.  I’ve no idea if he is, just given his price im surprised likes of man utd haven’t signed him straight away

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Has he a bad attitude or trouble maker for example.  I’ve no idea if he is, just given his price im surprised likes of man utd haven’t signed him straight away

Oh, I didn't even know we were linked with him to be honest. 

33 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

In the same vein, we could wonder why Zaha went to Turkey, and there were seemingly no issue tuer PL or European offers?

Same as in that case, I'm certain there will have been offers, which simply may not have come to fruition, or to the public, as the player may not have wanted it/them.

37 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

If it's confirmed Archer and Duran are to be kept around I think that pretty much signals we won't be adding any one else to the forward line  - Ollie, Archer, JD, Bailey, Diaby and Traore it is.

I'm OK with giving Archer and Duran a chance as they have ability.

As I said before people are dreaming if they think we were going to drop 80 million on another striker.

Backup GK and a RB and that's us done for incoming and I'm happy with that.

• Like 2