Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Jas10 said:

Fair and reasonable… but do we need/want more than “steady”? Unai is ambitious… he has a chance to mould the team/squad in his own image now…

What he offered in games where he came in for Moreno was excellent defensive contributions he had Salah in his back pocket during the Liverpool match. So having a different type of fullback proved beneficial, I think it’s and impossible situation finding and improvement for a reasonable price and then shifting Dinge and booking a FFP profit .

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

we've been loosely linked to Jesús Vázquez - who plays LB at Valencia, no idea if he is good or if those links have any substance

Only 20, a good age.  He can learn under Moreno and then replace him.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

What he offered in games where he came in for Moreno was excellent defensive contributions he had Salah in his back pocket during the Liverpool match. So having a different type of fullback proved beneficial, I think it’s and impossible situation finding and improvement for a reasonable price and then shifting Dinge and booking a FFP profit .

Yeah, fair enough. It’s more likely that he hangs around anyway and we’ll need him at the start of the season with Moreno working his way back from injury…

I do anticipate Unai further improving our existing players too, aided by some quality additions.

43 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

People are going on about Barnes. Question, as I know very little about him- Isn't he a LW? 

I thought we mainly need a RW/ST?

Tbf we need both mate and sell bailey while we’re at it

Not entirely sure about Ferran Torres… highly rated talent but is that more to do with his potential and age rather than his performances? Seems to have flattered to deceive perhaps, not exactly prolific… and if Barca are so willing to let him go and make a loss on him (signed for 55m?) … is he as good as many assume?

I don’t know…

Goncalves seems like a more “effective option”…

But this may be dictated by the value of the deal… I don’t think it’s accurate but a loan with option to buy for 25m?!! Seems too good to be true…

Goncalves will be more expensive, if there is any shred of truth to that… but, he may bring more goals and assists…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here's a mad one, I think we may target a new LB. 

Hear me out. Digne is a very capable, tidy footballer but he's also not the type of player to beat a man and hit the byline. You see just how dangerous we become with Moreno doing just that. Not only that, Digne is on £1029847208448560 a week, so it might be good to get him off the books as he isn't getting any younger.

With Moreno's injury, we may move Digne on, bring in another LB and then when Moreno comes back, those two can fight it out?

Capiche?

Doubt we’ll be doing anything of the sort, Emery is trying to sort out the attack, then new goalie and RB before anything else

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Barnes is rubbish off the ball. Not an Emery player. What's the point of Monchi if just going to make lazy signings like Barnes. Might as well just hire someone from VT

Why don’t you let Emery decide what are his players?

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Tbf we need both mate and sell bailey while we’re at it

I don’t think Bailey or Buendia are going anywhere. We need depth and options and our players are going to be even better next season with time and coaching under Unai.

Plus, we’re not going to discard and make big losses on players we invested so heavily in, it doesn’t make sense…

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Ferran Torres on a loan to buy is an absolute no brainer. Would love this one to happen. 

It’s a no brainer but… hard to believe. They signed him for 55m… hard to see them making a massive loss on him while also loaning him without a certainty of permanent deal…

Who knows, we will see…

I’m not sure he’s the best option though…

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not entirely sure about Ferran Torres… highly rated talent but is that more to do with his potential and age rather than his performances? Seems to have flattered to deceive perhaps, not exactly prolific… and if Barca are so willing to let him go and make a loss on him (signed for 55m?) … is he as good as many assume?

I don’t know…

Goncalves seems like a more “effective option”…

But this may be dictated by the value of the deal… I don’t think it’s accurate but a loan with option to buy for 25m?!! Seems too good to be true…

Goncalves will be more expensive, if there is any shred of truth to that… but, he may bring more goals and assists…

How about both? Squad innit!

15 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don't think it would be possible to book a profit on him unless he went to Saudi. It is more like not booking more than a few million loss on him

Just now, paul514 said:

I don't think it would be possible to book a profit on him unless he went to Saudi. It is more like not booking more than a few million loss on him

Hence why I said it be an impossible situation 😅

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

Why don’t you let Emery decide what are his players?

That’s going to happen regardless and we’ll endorse whatever he does.

But, the point of this thread is to share opinions on transfers and have discussions mate. Some of us could be less aggressive and less argumentative but… we may as well shut it down if we’re not going to discuss any of this.

We could be a lot less reactive and just let everyone have their own say…

It’s worth and affects nothing though 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

But, the point of this thread is to share opinions on transfers and have discussions mate. Some of us could be less aggressive and less argumentative but… we may as well shut it down if we’re not going to discuss any of this.

Take all my likes

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I guess the difference is “I don’t think he is an Emery player” as opposed to “he is not an Emery player”

One is a view, the other a statement or fact.