Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Salisu is not available on a free this summer, his contract is to 2024, he probably wouldn't be that expensive mind.  But if you're keeping it free transfers than change Salisu to N'Dicka at Frankfurt

Good Shout. Done. Would you be happy with signing those 4 ?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I'd be delighted, all positions we will be shopping for. 4 great players with a net spend of £0 🤣

But a lot of our fans will see that we've spent 0 and moan. 
Spending big money didn't work for West Ham this season did it. We need to have a smart transfer window.

I think the forward might be a free, be it Thuram or Dembele but then again both are on about 70k plus so would what upwards of 100k at least  

Kamada would be great but I think he’ll have bigger fish after him, especially on a free. 

We have some big earners that aren’t getting much game time at present so we might need to offload these first before we splash the salary cash around, especially with talk of Ollie getting a new 100k contract recently. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:But if you're keeping it free transfers than change Salisu to N'Dicka at Frankfurt

Another player with an awesome name Obite N’Dicka!

Great defender but not sure he’s a ball playing defender. 

I personally think we need a ball playing defender to challenge Mings moving forward.

Just now, burchy said:

Another player with an awesome name Obite N’Dicka!

Great defender but not sure he’s a ball playing defender. 

I personally think we need a ball playing defender to challenge Mings moving forward.

We absolutely need a ball playing defender.

In fact, our defenders need to be as comfortable on the ball as our midfielders. They are expected to play under pressure and in tight spaces. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I'd be delighted, all positions we will be shopping for. 4 great players with a net spend of £0 🤣

Would massively bump up the wage bill though. This is what cripples clubs, it’s never the transfer fees.

But I guess if you want to compete it’s inevitable. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Firmino please. Especially as no transfer fee involved. Although, fairly certain he is Madrid bound. 

Makes zero sense unless to sit on the bench in case of injury. Let's upgrade Bailey instead

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

In fact, our defenders need to be as comfortable on the ball as our midfielders. They are expected to play under pressure and in tight spaces. 

What about Myrone Tings

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I didn’t watch the game in its entirety, and I’ve never watched him before but at the start of the Burnley v Sheffield UTD game on Monday the commentators were speaking really highly of the RCB for SU. Ahmedhodzic. 

‘Better with the ball than lots of midfielders and destined for a big PL move’ were a couple of things I remember them saying. 

Anyone watched the kid before? Is he as good as they claim or just normal commentary exaggeration? A ball playing RCB/RB seems to fit with what we could be looking for. 

Edited by av1

59 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Apparently we are at the front of the queue for Goncalves.

You know what happens next, player to decline us and Spurs swoop in at the last minute.

We'll see how the season ends, but if the lad wants to go to manager-less, basketcase Spurs over Unai Emery at Villa he's not the sort of character I want anyway.

Spanish speaking players who have PL moves coming and their head screwed on will be desperate to come and play for Emery.

51 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What about Myrone Tings

I've always liked Myrone, no doubt. I'm not sure if CB should be a priority given we've also got Darlos, but I was just emphasising the need for our defenders to be comfortable with the ball at their feet. Tings has got a lot better at it tbf.