Hitting send - to the wrong person

KentVillan

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Microsoft Teams is deadly for slagging off folk especially when you have multiple chats ongoing as I've found to my misfortune; luckily it wasn't a big insult neither was bad language used so I just about blagged it to the person concerned as bantz but I learned my lesson. 

Similarly I was on a teams call off camera and amongst about 12 people, someone was a little snidey about me and my team but as I was off camera wasn’t in the block of faces and they forgot I was on the call. I immediately went on camera and responded. It was great to see them back pedalling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've seen people's careers ruined by saying the wrong thing on Teams/Email, so I'm very very careful. I always check the email I'm sending about 5 times and then only keep it to the facts and very rarely offer more than a one word response on Teams if someone messages me. They won't get me...

• Like 1

I did thia Thursday. I had to setup a teams metting so i sent invites out to the 6 people that were suppose to attend but for some reason it sent it to whole team and a old manager thats left our trust 4 years ago. He called me asking me why i invited him was i missing him. Bloody teams

On 21/01/2023 at 06:39, one_ian_taylor said:

Friend's dad runs his own company. One year hadn't  been so good, so the end of year  Christmas message was slightly sterner than usual, telling people to enjoy the break, but also that overall performance wasn't  good enough and that they needed to up their game. 

Signed off the email,  went away for a couple of weeks. 

Discovered on return that "regards" had been mistyped with a t in place if the g, and a lot of people were really not very happy.

OK that one got a proper belly laugh out loud, thank you :crylaugh:

• Like 2

Happened to a former colleague of mine when we were working at a youth sports academy. In response to a question one of the kids asked, they meant to type "ginger ale" but autocorrect changed it to "finger me"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

FFS another shit post by Kent, I told you he’d spam the forum with more junk again before too long

Yeah, just between you and me, he seems like a bit of a dick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Was having a casual relationship with a "Jen C" and accidently texted a coworker who was another "Jen C" some late night booty call messages one night.  Coworker Jen was a lesbian and found it hilarious, but it was still embarrassing at the time.  Learned to make sure I have work colleagues who have the same name as someone in my personal life clearly listed in my phone as a different name.  

On 21/01/2023 at 11:06, sidcow said:

Not me but my boss. 

The PA of one of our senior managers in London, a seriously attractive young Asian lady was getting married to someone in Wolverhampton so moved up here with the intention of keeping her job working remotely. 

Our office had recently had a couple of redundancies so the atmosphere wasn't exactly brilliant at the time. 

Anyway, this girl didn't seem to have any work to do so just spent most of the day just sat there, doing her nails, quite frequently leaning back in her chair reading a book.   She never once asked if there was anything she could do to help out. 

People got annoyed and moaned to my boss. 

He sent a long email to her boss detailing how inappropriate it was, ending up saying "even as I look over at her now she's reading her book again" 

He hit send and and immediately heard her email notification ping as he received an out of office from her boss saying his PA would review his Emails. 

She looked up at him, put her book in her bag and walked out of the office never to be seen again.

That sounds like a win-win.

• Like 1

Â