Jhon Durán

PieFacE

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Chelsea have apparently just paid 40m euros + 25m in add ons for a 17 year old Brazilian winger with no experience.

They can bloody well pay the same for Duran if they want him.

Id keep him though unless it’s a stupid offer. People should stop being offended by basically him getting bored and liking a few tweets here and there. 

That's just a symptom of a wider issue though.

Emery's methods require full buy in and its becoming pretty apparent that Duran may not be willing to provide that.

10 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Never in a million years is someone paying 40m for Jhon Duran.

More like 20m. 

I think your valuation is way off, he is under contract, we don’t need to sell, someone wants to turn his head, they can bloody well dig deep.  Particularly Chelsea who are using Monopoly money and seem oblivious to PSR rules.

Get with the program! 😉

Love all these conspiracy theories about Durán … kid is a special talent and is being nurtured into the first team slowly as he adapts to Emery’s methods and also the physicality of the premier league. This nonsense about his social media activity is tiresome and just conjecture from those who wanna see the worse. He didn’t grow up a Villa fan and idolising harewood of benteke. Let’s just see how the summer pans out 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, macandally said:

I think your valuation is way off, he is under contract, we don’t need to sell, someone wants to turn his head, they can bloody well dig deep.  Particularly Chelsea who are using Monopoly money and seem oblivious to PSR rules.

Get with the program! 😉

Chelsea have got to be more careful aboit PSR now. I am already with the programme thanks. Quite literally.

I think Jhon Durán will go on to be a very good player; the signs are already there.

Ok he needs to work on his mental application perhaps but I'd rather he fulfills that potential with Aston Villa.

I think if he goes to Chelsea or another English team it would be to the detriment of Aston Villa, he'd come back to haunt us.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Chelsea have got to be more careful aboit PSR now. I am already with the programme thanks. Quite literally.

Not if the PSR maths work for Chelsea & Villa regarding Durán and Gallagher?

Both go for £40m, big profit when it’s needed and amortised across contract period.  Everybody wins

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Didn’t we pay nearly £20m for him? We’re not going to sell him for less than £30m imo.

We paid £18m and his FFP book value is now £13.5m.    

So even if we sold him for £20m plus achievable add-ons we’d be making a decent profit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

We paid £18m and his FFP book value is now £13.5m.    

So even if we sold him for £20m plus achievable add-ons we’d be making a decent profit. 

And that's what I think will happen. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MSvillain said:

That's just a symptom of a wider issue though.

Emery's methods require full buy in and its becoming pretty apparent that Duran may not be willing to provide that.

Emery himself has very publicly recently spoken about his belief in Duran and that we have to be patient with young players. He spoke about how he speaks to him regularly and has his agent involved as well. Just seems like par the course with a young kid in foreign country with nothing other than football to keep him occupied. 

So, if we have Emery’s own words from a few days ago being supportive of the lad maybe, just maybe, we as supporters should also be supportive. 

Hopefully gets the extended game time he deserves today but no doubt some will turn into body language experts and will reference a pained look in his eyes or some other gibberish when it’s clear that the boy just wants to play as much as he can. 

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

And that's what I think will happen. 

If he gets sold for 20m someone at the club needs to be fired -  immediately. Unless we get Gallagher for a similar amount of course. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If he gets sold for 20m someone at the club needs to be fired -  immediately. Unless we get Gallagher for a similar amount of course. 

Monchi? Emery? Vidigany messed up the translation so bin him off? **** off the big dogs in Sawiris or Edens? Both of them?!

Who would you like to see fired if we decide to sell Duran, but the highest bidder bids £20,000,000, so that's what we accept?

• Like 1

Duran is 20 years old and has made seasoned top professional defenders look stupid and panicked at times. He is a total athlete, is as strong as anything and strikes a ball more cleanly than anybody else in our squad. He has also backed it up by scoring some big goals for us in big matches. He’s also on a relatively long term contract.

If he were at another club we’d all be talking about his value being at least £40m.  There’s no way we sell him for less than that. He is a top talent.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

From Emery's comments it sounds like he is looking to sell Duran this summer. I'd be really disappointed as I think he will go on to be a top striker. Salah, De Bruyne and Palmer kicked on (after being at Chelsea and Man city respectively) and Duran will be another to add to that list.

All depends if he has the same determination, drive and professionalism of those three. Talent on its own isn't enough.

14 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

More like 20m. 

Strikers are in short supply these days, especially big, strong, pacy young strikers with cannon shots in their arsenal. Duran is 19. When he's 24, he can be world famous. So, yeah, we can get 40m. Or at least 30m but with a massive sell-on clause.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Monchi? Emery? Vidigany messed up the translation so bin him off? **** off the big dogs in Sawiris or Edens? Both of them?!

Who would you like to see fired if we decide to sell Duran, but the highest bidder bids £20,000,000, so that's what we accept?

20m would indicate huge incompetence. As you’re implying the people we have at the club know what they’re doing so no chance he gets sold for “just” 20m no matter how desperate some posters are for us to sell the lad (who just to point out again is nearly 6 months younger than Louie Barry). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

More like 20m. 

You're so, so wrong on this IMO. I don't like his liking of posts etc, but his potential is clearly huge. Whether he has the drive to fulfill it, is very much in question.

Just now, Tom13 said:

You're so, so wrong on this IMO. I don't like his liking of posts etc, but his potential is clearly huge. Whether he has the drive to fulfill it, is very much in question.

I think he will go for 20-25m plus some add ons but people saying things like "at least 40m" are overvaluing a player who has played in the US farmers league and been a sub for a season in the PL. On top of that, he is known to have a pretty poor attitude and we need to make sales in order to build.

If we do get 40m, I will be delighted and amazed.

It's just not happening.

Â