Away tickets 2022/3

CLARETANDBLUEFOXY

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

they do now. every away game, or most away games, around 100 randomly selected tickets are not posted, but instead are posted a letter instructing the buyer to pick up in person which must be accompanied with ID. i've had to do this myself.

I was going to ask if this ever got implemented as I remember the club announcing it last season but hadn't known any instances of it happening.

Obviously hasn't acted as much of a deterrent.  

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Been to some great away days at Blackburn. Was like a home away from home for a few years. Then yobs trashed The Fernhurst and bottled a bar staff. Then Blackburn decided to take their ground back and reduce the away capacity reducing their income leaving the ground half empty. 

Ah man, the Fernhurst.  My favourite away pub, used to be amazing in there.  Was it 2009 (2-0 win) when our fans were 'propa nawty' in there. earning us a reduced allocation?

I used to be in the away scheme years ago. I dont think they do that now though. I havent been to an away game for a while now - probably not since Championship but it is virtually impossible to get ticket now anyway 

• Like 1

Many years ago you could just turn up at the away games pay your money at the turnstile and your are in!

I expect this discussion regarding tickets for away fans is also going on with other fans of other clubs who are in the same situation. For example any of the so called top 6 teams that come to us at VP get an allocation that is only enough for a fraction of their home support...just like us.

Hats off to our away fans though always hear them on the TV or radio.

Last away game I was able to go to was a mid week pre - season friendly against Cambridge Utd a few years ago and there was thousands of Villa fans there! .....it was great, only a 20 min drive for me 😊

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

Been to some great away days at Blackburn. Was like a home away from home for a few years. Then yobs trashed The Fernhurst and bottled a bar staff. Then Blackburn decided to take their ground back and reduce the away capacity reducing their income leaving the ground half empty. 

My first ever away game, I was in the Fernhurst watching it all kick off. Fans were idiots but not helped by over zealous police 

Yeah i get you it is quite annoying, i went to a lot of away games in the premier league and championship between 2012 - 2018, one season i lost all my away booking history which back then i think it was usually 5+ away games and ST holder for the previous season would usually enable you to buy. So after that point i could get tickets in the championship to some games, i went to sheffield united/wednesday, qpr, swansea, cardiff, barnsley, games like that in the championship without a season ticket, however upon return to the prem it has been hard and not been able to either.

Tbh i dont mind watching on tv and commenting on the match thread too much, but it would be nice to get to some again! The barnsley game was crazy, there was so many of us in that whole stand, i remember them all filming us with their phones as all you could see at one point was the lights on their cameras, this was for 2017 season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I was going to ask if this ever got implemented as I remember the club announcing it last season but hadn't known any instances of it happening.

Obviously hasn't acted as much of a deterrent.  

I've had this, this season at Arsenal, I was sent one ticket (my Dads) and my ticket was to be collected from the ground - had no issue with that, but the organisation from Villas end was pathetic

On the subject of away tickets, I think the £30 cost helps massively as most before the cap would be £40-50 region, it was bad enough in the championship with Leeds and Wednesday being £45ish.

In the days pre relegation I would go 5-10 aways a season and would never have issues getting tickets, even Albion and Scum would make it down to Season ticket holders, now I find I have to attend pretty much every away when in reality I CBA with many of them, after having a child I'll be done with the aways after this season, I have real respect for those that go week in week out rain or shine which is why I don't see how the current system can change, they are far more dedicated than I will ever be 

One tip from me though - if a game makes it down to season ticket holders only, make sure you are on the website and logged in a few minutes before 5PM, and then just select your quantity of tickets required on the "best available" option, and don't mess about with selecting individual seats.  My mate who I sit with has managed away tickets with no away booking history this season for Southampton this weekend, Arsenal & Newcastle of the top of my head, if you miss out keep checking for returns, it can be done.  

Edited by avfc456
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think they are all the standard 3k allocation or up to 10% of capacity, whatever is the smallest. Fulham used to be  a good one with the 'neutral' section adjacent to the away allocation in the Putney End. I think that is gone now. It was great as it ended up over 4-5,000 away allocation and they used to be fairly cheap for a London club.

You could just rock on to ticket master and buy them.  Don’t do it now unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

You could just rock on to ticket master and buy them.  Don’t do it now unfortunately 

In the second Lambert season I could get  home tickets in the upper trinity for most matches for about £12-15 on these secondary websites. It was actually cheaper per match than having a season ticket. Slightly different situation now.

• Like 1

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/away-tickets

All tickets purchased in Block 212, 213 and 214 will be NFC Digital tickets only.

this is for man city...looks like they're trialing digital tickets

a quick look around and seems liverpool do this:

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/nfc-mobile-ticket-access-for-android

Here's everything you need to know about accessing Anfield using your NFC mobile ticket.

Edited by tomav84

45 minutes ago, spiezels said:

For those that can’t make aways or can’t get tickets.

If they play games at the Villa live thing, would you go there?

Assuming you could get say 1000 people in there. 

Could be great craic 

I would for sure.

Yep, I think if it's properly priced and organised, the Villa live away-day-at-Villa-Park thing could be really good.

I worry that they'll charge a ticket price that's as expensive as the away ticket and throw in a bacon roll to make it a 'hospitality experience'.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, I think if it's properly priced and organised, the Villa live away-day-at-Villa-Park thing could be really good.

I worry that they'll charge a ticket price that's as expensive as the away ticket and throw in a bacon roll to make it a 'hospitality experience'.

That would be hugely disappointing! 😂

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It is also not walkable for the majority of Villa fans, so you will have to specifically go to Aston on a non match day.  Which might be tricky. Once the novelty of Villa Live wears off I think that might be a challenge unless it was a really big game. Or if they can get rights to show all 3pm games.