Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

This might (will probably) be absolutely nothing but, this afternoon, a helicopter landed on the playing field at the back of the warehouse where I work. It is just across the way from Villa Park. All the staff around that area of the building were wondering who could be so important as to use a helicopter to land there. 

For balance, the only other time we have seen/known a helicopter to land there was when the Commonwealth Games were taking place last year and only on the one occasion. I've worked there for the last 20 years. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

This might (will probably) be absolutely nothing but, this afternoon, a helicopter landed on the playing field at the back of the warehouse where I work. It is just across the way from Villa Park. All the staff around that area of the building were wondering who could be so important as to use a helicopter to land there. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Could be nothing mate but, like we were saying at work, who would be important enough to travel in a helicopter and why land there? I'll try to post a map of its proximity to Villa Park. 

It's done mate. 100%

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Could be nothing mate but, like we were saying at work, who would be important enough to travel in a helicopter and why land there? I'll try to post a map of its proximity to Villa Park. 

Thanks mate

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

F**ks sake: I’ve been watching for aeroplanes. Now they’re using helicopters? NSWE out.

Maybe he was coming by drone to Southampton and we denied him.  Deal is off now 😭

• Haha 1

I just did a search on Google Maps and it turns out that the place next door is only called The Doug Ellis Sports Centre! Make of that what you will 🤔

The distance between that sports centre (B42 2TP) and Villa Park is approximately 1.4 miles. It's literally around the corner. 

Sorry if this gets any kind of hopes up folks. Just letting you know what we saw today and thought it was odd. 

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I just did a search on Google Maps and it turns out that the place next door is only called The Doug Ellis Sports Centre! Make of that what you will 🤔

The distance between that sports centre (B42 2TP) and Villa Park is approximately 1.4 miles. It's literally around the corner. 

Sorry if this gets any kind of hopes up folks. Just letting you know what we saw today and thought it was odd. 

Did the helicopter have a code, likes planes do? Somebody could then surely search who owns it.  TheTrees for aeroplanes, we can nickname you TheBranches? 😉

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Why would he not just land on the pitch at Villa Park though?! 

Just now, Mr.Messy said:

Why would they goto Villa Park?

Surely Bodymoor Heath would be a more likely destination for new players.

Maybe they would want to avoid any potential journos hanging around there? 

I agree that it is probably nothing but, again, who would be so important to land there and why? 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Did the helicopter have a code, likes planes do? Somebody could then surely search who owns it.  TheTrees for aeroplanes, we can nickname you TheBranches? 😉

I didn't look mate, to be honest. I mean, at that point we were just watching it land and wondering who it could be and why land there. None of us suspected it could be anything to do with Villa at the time. It is only tonight that I just thought asked myself if it could be anything to do with Villa. Seeing that the Doug Ellis sports centre is next door has just added to the bloody suspence for me now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I didn't look mate, to be honest. I mean, at that point we were just watching it land and wondering who it could be and why land there. None of us suspected it could be anything to do with Villa at the time. It is only tonight that I just thought asked myself if it could be anything to do with Villa. Seeing that the Doug Ellis sports centre is next door has just added to the bloody suspence for me now. 

No worries, I love little info like this much more than journalists tweets.  Fans stumbling onto things that could or could not be something is so much more fun.

Â