Mbappe Vs Haaland

messi11

Mbappe Vs Haaland  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Mbappe or Haaland?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/23 at 14:52

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I find it hard to choose one.  The Messi v Ronaldo thing was never close but this a tight one.  It's a shame Haaland never decided he was English so he could play at more international tournaments.

Really? I think I heard, Haaland would have to score 40 goals every season until he is 37 to equal Ronaldo's goal tally. |Ronaldo has tainted his rep, but there is no doubt the Messi/Ronaldo thing was extremely tight.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Really? I think I heard, Haaland would have to score 40 goals every season until he is 37 to equal Ronaldo's goal tally. |Ronaldo has tainted his rep, but there is no doubt the Messi/Ronaldo thing was extremely tight.

Haaland has 32 goals this season and we’re not even halfway through. 40 a season is easily doable for him. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Messi v Ronaldo was tight in goal stats not in footballing ability imo

I voted Haaland because I find him a more interesting and likeable player but in reality mbappe can do more than him, as an out and out goalscorer or traditional striker Haaland is better but as a modern complete attacker it's mbappe

Take away the stats and just look at the ability to kick a football it's messi and mbappe

• Thanks 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Haaland has 32 goals this season and we’re not even halfway through. 40 a season is easily doable for him. 

Doesn't he need something like another 40 to reach messis best season? (which is about 92?)

Shows how absolutely **** mad messi is

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Doesn't he need something like another 40 to reach messis best season? (which is about 92?)

Shows how absolutely **** mad messi is

Messi’s top season (and the top season for any goalscorer) was 73 goals in all club competitions - so excluding international goals. 50 league goals.

The record I think you’re talking about is the calendar year one where Messi scored 91 goals (encompassed the same season, naturally).

I don’t think Barcelona won anything that season either, despite Messi’s ridiculous goal scoring :D 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I voted Haaland because I find him a more interesting and likeable player but in reality mbappe can do more than him, as an out and out goalscorer or traditional striker Haaland is better but as a modern complete attacker it's mbappe

Take away the stats and just look at the ability to kick a football it's messi and mbappe

This is bull****. So it doesn't take ability to score over 800 goals. I think a few have been blinded by Ronaldo's recent antics, or are just haters. Mbappe is no where near Ronaldo or Messi as yet.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

This is bull****. So it doesn't take ability to score over 800 goals. I think a few have been blinded by Ronaldo's recent antics, or are just haters. Mbappe is no where near Ronaldo or Messi as yet.

I don't think messi vs Ronaldo was ever that tight personally

Messi is a far better all round footballer with a much larger skillset

Didn't say mbappe or Haaland were anywhere near Ronaldos level (because they're not)

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

40 a season for 15 years till he is 37, I don't care who he is, he ain't doing that no way. He's a true goal scorer, but no where near Ronaldo's ability.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think messi vs Ronaldo was ever that tight personally

Messi is a far better all round footballer with a much larger skillset

Didn't say mbappe or Haaland were anywhere near Ronaldos level (because they're not)

Stats don't say that. I think it's personal opinion, I would agree Messi is more natural ability, but like I say, don't be blinded by Ronaldo's antics or persona, he has been an unbelievable footballer, a dying breed of dedicated footballers, the likes we may never see again in our lifetime. That's why for me it's always been an extremely close contest.

Different types of animals.

I'd be more inclined to think about the ridiculousity of having them both in the same team.

As far as PL readymade I'd be inclined to go Haaland, but I reckon choosing one or the other is potentially a disservice.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Messi vs Ronaldo isn’t even that tight in goal stats to be honest. Messi wins in just about any stat you can think of. 

In terms of Haaland vs Mbappe I think it’s too early to conclude anything. Neither has peaked, which is terrifying. 

I think Mbappe is the better player currently but I think Haaland has enough about him to surpass Mbappe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

40 a season for 15 years till he is 37, I don't care who he is, he ain't doing that no way. He's a true goal scorer, but no where near Ronaldo's ability.

Haaland’s goal stats are better than Ronaldo’s were at the same age. Ronaldo didn’t start putting up insane goal tallies until he was 24/25 when he moved to Madrid. 

Longevity is the key, which Ronaldo excelled at. It remains to be seen if Haaland can maintain it

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Ronaldo didn't become a goalscorer until he was 21/22 in 2006

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

“No way”? He’s only 22 and has already has a season of 40+ goals. He’s on track to hit about 60 this season and is at one of the best clubs in the World.

If he stays at Man City, he’s breaking every English domestic goalscoring record going and will hit an average of 40 a season for sure - injury dependant. 

Â