Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm on poker play. He will love the going now it's turned. 

Got payed out with PP but Ladcrooks never paid me the rocket polishers 

Plenty in the tank today sir :D

10 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Dunno guess the 5th place was not with all firms?

Bastards! 

I narrowed down four horses the other night for the big one at Cheltenham yesterday. Splash Of Ginge was one of them, but I went with Tully East and Foxtail hill instead :(

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bastards! 

I narrowed down four horses the other night for the big one at Cheltenham yesterday. Splash Of Ginge was one of them, but I went with Tully East and Foxtail hill instead :(

Oh well bruv... Its onny money :D

On 19/11/2017 at 10:29, Rugeley Villa said:

Bastards! 

That often catches me out at the Festival when I do that too. You're right, it's a double Bastard!

12.10 Midnight Shadow 5/1... 12.40 Russe Blanc 4/1... 2.05 Top Notch 3/1...

At A Price... 1.15 Vintage Clouds 6/1... 1.50 El Terremoto 10/1... 2.25 Champers On Ice 7/1... 3.35 Chase The Spud 9/1...

2.25 Impulsive Star 5/2... 3.05 Glenloe 9/4... 3.15 Twist On Ginge 2/1...

At A Price!.. 12.35 Flemen Majic 16/1... 1.35 Snugsborough Hall 9/1... 3.05 Brave Out 12/1... 3.55 Collodi 8/1... 1.25 Royals And Rebels 20/1... 1.55 Themanfrom Minella 14/1... 3.25 Poets Charm 50/1...

17 minutes ago, Kingman said:

In what way?.. 

In a lot of ways Kingman.

Bookies have far far too much say and involvment for my liking.

A lot of the courses have changed too.

I.e Cheltenham have taken away a fence on the courses.

Horses that should cruise races getting turned over by horses that you would otherwise expect to just be fit to plough a field.

Just does not have the same feel to it like it used to in the days of say Florida Pearl, Flagship Uberalles, Teeton Mill etc.

Again. Bookmakers heavy involvement has got a major factor in all of this.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:58, AvfcRigo82 said:

In a lot of ways Kingman.

Bookies have far far too much say and involvment for my liking.

A lot of the courses have changed too.

I.e Cheltenham have taken away a fence on the courses.

Horses that should cruise races getting turned over by horses that you would otherwise expect to just be fit to plough a field.

Just does not have the same feel to it like it used to in the days of say Florida Pearl, Flagship Uberalles, Teeton Mill etc.

Again. Bookmakers heavy involvement has got a major factor in all of this.

I Agree from a punting perspective, Closed accounts, restricted accounts, SP Only, Traders decision etc. 

Makes you wanna **** it right off some days.

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You will never beat the bookie. If you get that into your head, then you will be ok. 

One of the saddest sights is always when I walk past a high street bookies in the morning and see it already half full of scruffy looking blokes. Judging by the look of them they certainly aren't beating the bookie! 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

One of the saddest sights is always when I walk past a high street bookies in the morning and see it already half full of scruffy looking blokes. Judging by the look of them they certainly aren't beating the bookie! 

That's probably been their  routine for decades. When I sometimes go into mine for a cash bet, it's the same old faces sat down studying racing post. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any gambling problem or an addicted as such and I agree, I absolutely detest FOT's fixed odds terminals / Routelette machines.

I have seen what people are before they dabble on them and to then what these machines do to people - They are heroin without the needle! End of.

I do like a little flutter now and again and view jump racing as a bit of a hobbie mostly.

I will build a nice little pot for say the Cheltenham festival only (not a fan of flat) with 'What I am prepared to lose' if nothing came of my selections of the 4 days, il also have the odd flutter here and there of a weekend when viably possible.

Instead of spending over £1000 a year on playing the lottery and euro millions 8 times over the 4 draw days, I use it at Cheltenham over the 4 days instead. 

But over all the say and impact bookmakers have is overpowering and is holding a massive influence over jump racing and on occasions football and other sports too, whilst not content with the sway on other sports as such; most betting organisation's now rely on these "FOT's due to the amount the generate - way beyond all the other sports betting markets on offer in that shop combined, and also it is massively marketed how easy it easy to now bet online from anywhere anytime too.

The removal of such machines would see the closeure of almost 60% of high street bookmaker branches.

Combine this with bookies now playing clearings in the woods on occasions when it comes to big meaty payouts, betting has all changed dramatically for the worse and even harder for punters now then it was say 10/12 years ago.  

A transition that's now left a battlefield that basically see's it even harder than ever for punters to win and/or even be allowed to win big at that (going by some stories and certain sites rules) yet in this same time frame it's became dramactically easier to obtain money from Joe Publics' pockets than ever before on an obscene scale through various avenues.

When the fun stops, stop!..

All very well this campaign existing, but an advert or a little sticky label echoing this does not stop my addicted chasing crave from inserting £20 note after £20 note into these machines or even to watch Ruby Walsh fall off your horse at the last fence. - "We love you Paddy" indeed!

If you ask me, the fun stopped around 10 years ago.

• Like 1

Â