Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Singlefarmpayment I fancy to do well at the festival come March.  :thumb:

He was going well today, and just as he made his move he ended up falling. Didn't fancy America  or total recall , but the latter ran a great race. 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Who's everyone on tomorrow in the big one? Two obvious choices are Blaklion and Vieux Lion Rough .

I am on Vic De Touzaine (20's) and Highland Lodge (12's) both e/w in the same race.

Other races I might take a glance at deeper and see if a bit of value can be also found elsewhere across the cards.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am on Vic De Touzaine (20's) and Highland Lodge (12's) both e/w in the same race.

Other races I might take a glance at deeper and see if a bit of value can be also found elsewhere across the cards.

Highland Lodge is appealing. 

You could probably make a good case for quite a few of the runners.

Annoyingly i had Gas Line Boy at a very decent price Antepost, but he's ended up in the Grand Sefton not the Becher - the perils of Antepost!. So i've gone for Viva Steve and Goodtoknow, both small stakes EW, for a bit of interest. Fergal O'brien having a good season, and Goodtoknow has a decent record on soft and heavy.

Hopefully one of us gets a winner!

1.30 Blaklion 3/1... 1.45 Finians Oscar 2/1... 3.10 Gas Line Boy 10/3... 

At a price!.. 2.20 A Hare Breath 9/1... 3.00 True Ballew 9/1... 3.10 Mercian Prince 7/1... 3.30 The Happy Chappy 8/1... 

Edited by Kingman

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

RIP - Sad shame.

Adam & Claire Rooney have a great stable of horses scattered across the yards and shame to see one of their up and coming stars tragicially die.

He was flying home too. Foxtail hill was doing his usual setting the pace, but then starchitect left everyone behind. I was watching it and it sickened me. I suppose that's life, but yes it was tragic. The owners of guitar Pete should pass the victory over to starchitect in his honour because he left everyone that far behind. 

I was reading a bit about horses with broken legs, and it really is a death sentence. People say why can't they retire them to a farm and let them live out their lives there. It really is not that simple and most of the time the only option is putting the horse down. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was reading a bit about horses with broken legs, and it really is a death sentence. People say why can't they retire them to a farm and let them live out their lives there. It really is not that simple and most of the time the only option is putting the horse down. 

Correct, the amount of weight on their legs would just not be fair to expect them to live in pain.

Sadly their only option is to sadly go to horsey heaven with the rest of the legends.

• 2 weeks later...

Big race today at kempton with the king George. 

I like Bristol de mai, but I don't think the ground suits today. Tea for two is a great E/W bet at 25/1 and has a great record at kempton. Then you have Thistlecrack and Whisper, but I'm on Might Bite. Let's hope he don't do anything crazy today and start running the wrong way :)

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I like Bristol de mai, but I don't think the ground suits today. Tea for two is a great E/W bet at 25/1 and has a great record at kempton. Then you have Thistlecrack and Whisper, but I'm on Might Bite. Let's hope he don't do anything crazy today and start running the wrong way :)

Yeah Might Bite seems the horse to be on.. a weird race and at first glance would do the Nicky Henderson 1-2 with Whisper in the forecast.

Bristol de Mai, Tea for Two could pose a threat.

I would definately avoid the 2.10 - 4 Horse race and the fav is 1/7..  avoid like the plague.

My bet for today is 5pts Mite Bite with a 2pts F/C with Whisper.

Best of luck to those getting involved today.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah Might Bite seems the horse to be on.. a weird race and at first glance would do the Nicky Henderson 1-2 with Whisper in the forecast.

Bristol de Mai, Tea for Two could pose a threat.

I would definately avoid the 2.10 - 4 Horse race and the fav is 1/7..  avoid like the plague.

My bet for today is 5pts Mite Bite with a 2pts F/C with Whisper.

Best of luck to those getting involved today.

I'm only on the one race today. If it was a bigger field I'd take a E/W punt on tea for two, but he's up against it today. The race has come too soon for Thistlecrack, imo. Just can't see Mite Bite being caught. Heavy ground, then I'd of been on Bristol, but can't see him cracking it today. 

34 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm only on the one race today. If it was a bigger field I'd take a E/W punt on tea for two, but he's up against it today. The race has come too soon for Thistlecrack, imo. Just can't see Mite Bite being caught. Heavy ground, then I'd of been on Bristol, but can't see him cracking it today. 

Yes same as you Ruge, had a look across the cards but nothing is really leaping out at me other than the King George, and that is not exactly a star studded field itself. If forced I would perhaps also maybe whack a few of Dickie Johnson's rides at Wetherby in a Win stake Lucky 15.

On 12/26/2017 at 08:27, Rugeley Villa said:

My ante post festive multiples were... 

Might Bite 7/4 

Apples Jade 13/8

Sizing John 2/1 

• Like 1

Â