Formula One - 2023

BOF

Thought that was a very good race.

Not sure how Lando won drive of the day, didn't he finish in the same position he started...

The fact that Red Bull let Max go fasted lap at the just underlines how confident that are in the car, driver and pit crew.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Fair play to the Sky Sports commentators for trying to sound surprised when Verstappen reels in and cruises past his competitors.

I also enjoyed them trying to sell Verstappen Vs Leclerc as a battle for the lead when Max was a pit stop ahead

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I also enjoyed them trying to sell Verstappen Vs Leclerc as a battle for the lead when Max was a pit stop ahead

and “oooh look, grey clouds”

Yesterday's takeaways - not a thrilling race as you'd expect. Qualifying and sprint was decent.

1) The McLaren looks faster. Not top 3 fast but at least (can make some dogfights with Ferrari and Mercedes and Aston Martin a little better)

2) That Red Bull is a monster. Nothing is touching it this season

3) Drivers reporting track limit exceeded violations constantly on the radio is very **** grating and it seemed they were all at it yesterday. I'd like to see 5 second penalties handed out for constant bitching at other drivers for allegedly going off the track. Let race control deal with it.

4) I really miss refuelling. Adds a lot more jeopardy to the pitstops and to the speed of the vehicles.

5) Some nice midfield battling going on. There was a point in the sprint where it was Albon-Ocon-Leclerc-Norris, 4 cars with 4 different builds going at it, we know we're not getting a dramatic battle at the front as Verstappen and the RB are too dominant so let's have more fracas in midfield 

• Like 1

It's also another track where DRS ruins it.

Oh Max has come out behind the ferraris, maybe they'll hold him up?!

Oh no he's immediately passed them without even trying because he has an automatic overtake button

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Yesterday's takeaways - not a thrilling race as you'd expect. Qualifying and sprint was decent.

1) The McLaren looks faster. Not top 3 fast but at least (can make some dogfights with Ferrari and Mercedes and Aston Martin a little better)

2) That Red Bull is a monster. Nothing is touching it this season

3) Drivers reporting track limit exceeded violations constantly on the radio is very **** grating and it seemed they were all at it yesterday. I'd like to see 5 second penalties handed out for constant bitching at other drivers for allegedly going off the track. Let race control deal with it.

4) I really miss refuelling. Adds a lot more jeopardy to the pitstops and to the speed of the vehicles.

5) Some nice midfield battling going on. There was a point in the sprint where it was Albon-Ocon-Leclerc-Norris, 4 cars with 4 different builds going at it, we know we're not getting a dramatic battle at the front as Verstappen and the RB are too dominant so let's have more fracas in midfield 

It was funny hearing Toto snapping at Lewis telling him he knows the car is shit and to stop complaining about it.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's also another track where DRS ruins it.

Oh Max has come out behind the ferraris, maybe they'll hold him up?!

Oh no he's immediately passed them without even trying because he has an automatic overtake button

It’s outrageous how good that Red Bull is. I’d imagine they don’t even have the engine turned all the way up on Max’s car as there isn’t really a need and it just increases the chance of a failure.

It’s frustrating to watch all the cars as DRS and boost is just a free pass. Gone are the days of exciting battling over a period or more than 2 corners.

I think the sport needs to have a good look at itself going forwards. All the energy seems to be going into bringing new (crap, street) circuits and more and more pre-race fanfare whilst the product itself is getting worse. It’s unsustainable.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s outrageous how good that Red Bull is. I’d imagine they don’t even have the engine turned all the way up on Max’s car as there isn’t really a need and it just increases the chance of a failure.

It’s frustrating to watch all the cars as DRS and boost is just a free pass. Gone are the days of exciting battling over a period or more than 2 corners.

I think the sport needs to have a good look at itself going forwards. All the energy seems to be going into bringing new (crap, street) circuits and more and more pre-race fanfare whilst the product itself is getting worse. It’s unsustainable.

Exactly. 

They have it the wrong way round at the minute. So much focus on all the other aspects when the racing this year has been some of the worst of the last 10 years.

I don't like the bigger tyres or the wear of them anymore. DRS is overpowered on this new spec of car and the cars in general seem to be more reliable than ever. Where is the jeopardy or tactics coming from anymore?

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

I'd like to see the radio switched off - no contact between team and driver other than through pit boards - there should be a skill for a driver in knowing the best settings, in understanding the car, in being able to think and drive it - make the driver do the work.