World Cup: Matches

Genie

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Really like this US team

Will be a very very good side in 4 years when a lot of these young players develop along.  Really need the USSF to take a chance on a much better manager, though.  Klinsmann was 10 years too early...  Need a similar appointment this time around.  

• Like 2

Just now, theboyangel said:

Despite the bright start by the US, they’ve allowed the Dutch to reduce the game to a snails pace and then fail to switch on when Holland attack.

All too easy for them. 

It's what happens when you match Memphis & Gakpo up against a centerback duo made up of a 35 year old and a mediocre MLS player.  

• Like 1

It's poor from the US, letting the Dutch continually get the ball into the same area on the cut back. Poor after looking better the last 10 mins.

I don't think this Dutch team are good enough to dominate the ball or play overly offensive. Their offence relies so much on the counter and the first time they need to chase the game I think they'll be in trouble. I'm not sure they'll be able to deal with Argentina sitting back tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Best manager in the tournament.

Yeah, hope Southgate is watching how to break up a decent midfield. According to Gareth USA have a solid midfield which is why we couldn't score against them.

Foden, Grealish, Rashford, Kane, Sterling, etc  probably think otherwise, if they were allowed the chances in our game.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

It's poor from the US, letting the Dutch continually get the ball into the same area on the cut back. Poor after looking better the last 10 mins.

I don't think this Dutch team are good enough to dominate the ball or play overly offensive. Their offence relies so much on the counter and the first time they need to chase the game I think they'll be in trouble. I'm not sure they'll be able to deal with Argentina sitting back tbh.

Agreed. Argentina will beat them like they beat Poland