GTA Vice City - 20 years old today!

Tom13

Was the turning point in the series for me

Loved 1 as a yoof, 2 wasn't as good, not sure I even bothered with the London one and for some reason 3 wasn't a revolution in my house, I thought it was just OK

VC was incredible though, the sound track the story, everything

Tried the remaster thing whatever it is last week and gave up after about 20 minutes, don't want to spoil what the game was in that snapshot in time and my fond memories of it

• Like 2

Ok, I’m old now. I was 17 and had just started my second year at Cadbury college when it came out.

I remember my mate ringing me up as he had got a copy a few days early and he was so excited and I remember him saying “You can go inside some of the **** buildings, like actually run around”. 

I went and got a copy on release day and yes, **** amazing, you could go inside some of the buildings. 

Awesome tunes, probably my fave gta soundtrack. 

Amazing game at a non amazing time of my life. 

20 years, man alive. 

• Like 4

Jesus… I feel old! I remember loving the soundtrack, I think I bought an album by a Flock of Seagulls soon after 😂 the song in the game was I Ran, I think. I loved the 80s at the time (still do) so the game was amazing for me, I was 20 😩

Well this thread now makes me feel like a pensioner.  I was 27 when it came out, but I could of sworn I want that old!  Still brings back lots of memories, especially that soundtrack.  I've downloaded the remaster but not really done anything with it yet just the opening - those character models 🤣

I worked at GAME kiddwrminster when it came out, literally boxes of them were sold on the 1st day, was over 300 copies, never seen anything like it in the 4/5 years I worked there

They made the decision that pre orders lasted until 12 on the Saturday and then we were free to sell those copies because we were selling out... Never seen anything like that response either...

The demand for it was insane

• Like 2

Remember coming home from school to see it had arrived on release day. Spent hours playing it that night. Feels mad that I was 14 at the time! Surprised my parents let me play it then! 

Edited by Tayls

Â