Unai Emery

PeterSw

I guess now we get to see if Unai is just an elite manager or actually a reincarnation of god himself 🙂

I wonder if he's been in a position like this where he basically has most of the first 11 out for part of the season.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I guess now we get to see if Unai is just an elite manager or actually a reincarnation of god himself 🙂

I wonder if he's been in a position like this where he basically has most of the first 11 out for part of the season.

Hate to say it but he had some very odd lineups during the second half of his Arsenal gig, including the Saka wingback formations.

Think he's learned a lot since then though.

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'd actually go as far as to say that with the injuries we've had this season, not just the number and severity but also how they've been spread out, almost any other manager would probably struggle to have us top 10 right now.

If I was playing Football Manager and had this  sort of injury record I would have stopped playing by now (after several non saves and restarts) declaring it was not realistic any more 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rolled out this monstrosity for his last match with Arsenal before getting the sack. Interestingly enough, he started reverting to 3 at the back when the results weren't going his way. Would prefer he stick to his guns with the 4222 and live with the players you have.

image.png.f04fa191b9a0e4d1d4310b958c77745b.png

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He will make us rise again…

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Rolled out this monstrosity for his last match with Arsenal before getting the sack. Interestingly enough, he started reverting to 3 at the back when the results weren't going his way. Would prefer he stick to his guns with the 4222 and live with the players you have.

wow, Chambers at RCB, Emery wasnt working with much was he.

41 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Is it really that bad except Emi on the bench 😉

Looking at the team it looks like some players are missing

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is it really that bad except Emi on the bench 😉

Looking at the team it looks like some players are missing

On paper - the names look okay but that front 3 is like asking Hogan, N'Zogbia, and Ireland to press while that back line somehow have less pace than ours currently have. Why I hope he really doesn't switch it up too much. We're not that far away from continuing our form.

And yes - Xhaka getting injured (or maybe it was red cards?) really killed his midfield.

Watched some of his Arsenal time this morning and Guendouzi really was good for them, central for beating us when they were shorthanded 3-2.

12 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Not being funny, but I am actually a bit concerned for Unai, ever since he appeared with that sty in his eye a couple of months back.

I hope he isn't over doing it.

It says faceapp in the bottom of the photo with the dodgy hair!  Nothing to worry about obvious fake.  Still a suave gentleman.

• Haha 1

**** me, he's so **** inspiring. I love him so much.

Tim! Let's **** go. Do you want to be a Premier League footballer? This is it! This is the time. You have a coach here who will tell you exactly what to do. Get the **** out there and do it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just watched the Press Conference.

Really liked it, has properly given Tim the right to take up arms and take his shot.

Also namedropped Kane Kessler which I thought was interesting.

He's been saying " 7 teams better than us " and I feel people misread what he means. ( He been said that when we were " joint first " )

In my opinion he's kind of saying we have no divine right to be up here/there because there are 7 teams with stronger squads who have been doing it consistently.

To become true " contenders " we need to be consistent ourselves and consistently prove we can be considered such etc.

I agree.

He would be right imo....I agree with what you are suggesting he's saying too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If Tielemans starts anything but 10 I'll be worried. In the Gather round the lamp podcast the guy says he expects Tielemans to fill the Kamara role. That's complete madness

Yeah I wouldn’t be a fan of Tielemans in the Kamara role either. From what I have seen he doesn’t have the right attributes for that position and his strengths are in more when we’re attacking.

Emery will no doubt have given this important decision a lot of thought so will be interesting to see what he decides. 

• Like 1

Speaking about the injuries in his. squad, Emery said: "I can never remember a time like this. It’s not an excuse. When injuries happen, I always accept it, but of course this is the worst. We are human and of course we are going to support the players, particularly with ACL injuries.

"It’s the worst moment for them and their families. Every day it’s good for us to meet Tyrone, Emiliano and now Kamara. They are not available but the message is always that they will come back stronger than before.

"I’ve never had this situation before as a coach. I know Real Madrid have had the same situation (with David Alaba, Eder Militao and Thibaut Courtois) with ACL injuries. 

"But we have accept it and keep going. We will be positive, we work, and try to support the players who will have chances. 

• Like 4

Â