Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t think he knows what is best 11 is yet and who can blame him, given our injuries and incomings ?

I think it’s a given that Zaniolo will be a starter, JJ is still to come back along with Moreno and I personally feel that Tielemans is going to have a bigger role to play, than what we have seen so far.

Today is disappointing for so many reasons - but I am still very optimistic for this season  

• Like 1

Not the results he would have wanted against either Newcastle or Liverpool. We didn't look good in either game.

I bet it's safe to say he will be using the international break to see what's going wrong and he will no doubt be camped out at BH analysing everything there is possible.

He won't be happy with this and I think he will start to put things right nice we return to normal football.

In Unai we trust.

6 hours ago, Digavilla said:

My only complaint is he did not a signed Buendia replacement. The player that links between the midfield and attack. 

This is an essential , the Bruno/ Odegaad/KDB position in a team. The last pre season game against Newcastle clearly demonstrate the importance ( Buendia scored 2 and 1 assist for Watkin ). Knowly Coutinho is not durable he should have signed another. 

It’s easier said than done… signing high quality players is not easy or straightforward. And it’s more difficult for our club with where it is at and trying to get to…

Key injuries (like Ty) can potentially disrupt and destabilise any side really… it’s not easy to get in a proper replacement and so quickly…

Most of all, we’re not just going to sign anyone or for the sake of it. First, they have to be available and interested…

Unai (and Monchi) will identify and target players that will fit in to our identity, style and system… we won’t just sign a “name” for the sake of it or spend like crazy with no real mail or direction. If a such a player is not available or interested right now, we’ll try again in future…

These are the players we have now, that’s not going to change any time soon, (and we haven’t even had a “proper” or sustained look at them either, especially Zaniolo who could be brilliant) we need to support them and the manager and have faith that they will all do better.

Just look at the job Unai did last season if evidence is required…

We’ve never been in a better place since we got promoted… let’s not overreact… as upsetting as performances and results like this may be…

We will come out the other side, stronger for these experiences…

Edited by Jas10

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I liked his BBC interview, and understood it.

Never needed to learn Spanish either.

Like how he said " We need to be calm " with this result and consider some of the circumstances etc.

Also, as someone else mentioned, repeated that we were weak in defense.

Fully expect him to try his best to address this.

I wish we were also calm…

I get the impression that even though he’s upset or hates suffering these kinds of results and negative performances… that he understands that we will have to struggle a bit before we become more like something that resembles the “finished article” or the side that he wants…

He has a plan… but it’s not going to be quick, easy or smooth… we will get there…

And it will feel and look all the better when we do…

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's remarkable how quickly some (and only some, a small minority) seem to turn on Emery so quickly. Paradoxically I wonder if his success with us over the past 10 months has made some fans *less* patient with him than they otherwise would be?

I think you’re right… he’s done such an amazing job, in such a short space of time , that expectations have been massively raised. Did people prefer things under SG??? 🤢 

What’s sad is the sense of entitlement and “demands”…

Seems like many people have really short memories…

-

Esp after the injuries to key players, we were never going to start like a “house on fire” or have an entirely smooth ride. The odd stumble could and should be afforded… a bit more understanding and patience would be most welcome… touch of tolerance too…

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not the results he would have wanted against either Newcastle or Liverpool. We didn't look good in either game.

I bet it's safe to say he will be using the international break to see what's going wrong and he will no doubt be camped out at BH analysing everything there is possible.

He won't be happy with this and I think he will start to put things right nice we return to normal football.

In Unai we trust.

I mean, that in itself is reassuring. We know he is going to work on this, the man is so exceptional yet he still works his ass off for us and dedicates so much time to the job - he goes beyond…

Not like many of the shit, egotistical and even lazy managers we’ve had previously.

The fact is, he is trying to turn us into a top, competitive PL side… something we haven’t been in yonks. It’s going to take time and we will experience some difficulties at times… but we will get there if the club and us fans back and support him… and support his players too…

It was never going to “click” overnight…

He himself said that he has only achieved 10% of what he wants with us and in this job…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I wish we were also calm…

I get the impression that even though he’s upset or hates suffering these kinds of results and negative performances… that he understands that we will have to struggle a bit before we become more like something that resembles the “finished article” or the side that he wants…

He has a plan… but it’s not going to be quick, easy or smooth… we will get there…

And it will feel and look all the better when we do…

This is something people seem to forget, he hasn’t even been here 12 months.

Michelangelo didn’t paint the Sistine Chapel in a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loads of example now with clubs sticking by their manager after the rough patch and reaping the rewards. 

Liverpool and west ham last season. 

Arsenal 8th finishes first 2 seasons under Arteta. 

We need to be patient 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

Â