Unai Emery

PeterSw

Exciting times again. Really hope we get back to seeing players improving individually and the strength of unity back into the team and squad. Proper coaching, proper tactics and playing to players strengths - simple stuff really.

And not least the connection between the club and the fans needs to come back - and from initial positive reactions to the appointment (and Danks' selection at the weekend) that seems to be on the way. We'll never have the unique days of Smith/Grealish/fans again, but hopefully can get close.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Already been linked with elite players like pau torres an d danjuma. Torres is a step up from mings and konsa.

Danjuma is a step up form watkins.

If this is the level of signings we can expect its going to be very exciting

Danjuma was poor in the top flight for Bournemouth

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The disrespect from Miguel Delaney and Sid Lowe on Twitter reeks on bitter envy. 

Lowe hasnt. He has said we have done well, its disappointing for Villarreal and La Liga

Delaney is just a hack

12 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I actually forgot that Martinez and Chambers have worked with Emery and his coaches already.  I wonder what they think now of this appointment and what they’ll be telling the rest of the squad this week?

I think Emi was a fan, noticed some old comments yesterday I think. He was sad to see him leave and thanked him.

• Thanks 1

sunday's game proved to me that our players are actually good when used right and playing with confidence. Over the course of the last few seasons ive gone through periods of doubt where ive wondered if they were all actually just rubbish.

but they are obviously decent and if emery can get them playing to their collective abilities we will be laughing.

have to say I am a wee bit concerned that Emerys pronunciation of "Villa" may be one of those meme things that dickheads will take the mick out of and that would make me sad. Then again I'm no linguist so maybe the v in the middle of "evening" is different to the v at the beginning of "Villa" for Basque Spanish speakers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The disrespect from Miguel Delaney and Sid Lowe on Twitter reeks on bitter envy

You’ve hit the nail on the head there.

There’s a lot more of that to come 🤣

They can all eat shit…

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

I was hoping the Villa players had declared themselves an autonomous collective, and would select the team through the democratic process, instead of the outdated system of having a despotic coach/manager.

According to a video posted earlier in this thread, Emery once picked an entire starting XI using dice...

• Haha 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

What? Aiming for one top manager after another?

And probably getting the most consistently successful one in?

Hmm… sounds good to me.

They honestly don’t know anything. I don’t think we ever in for Tuchel. We had a very clear vision and Emery is proof that we’ve hit a hard reset. It’s just embarrassing to read knowledgeable footballer writers about Spain be so clueless about us. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The games managed number is impressive. Shows great cup pedigree

Bruce had a 6 year headstart for example and just had his 1000th game last year

Please don’t mention them in the same sentence or paragraph ever again 🤣

And don’t even bother bringing up the Scouse clown!

Â