Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Almost seems like they have a plan in place before they take action 🤔

I know we moan but we are a well run club. Look at Wolves for instance, still manageress. We definitely had irons in the fire while Gerrard was still in charge.

• Like 1

Also there were some real ITK information from 4/5 days ago saying Emery couldn't leave his job until November. It's not that he couldn't leave maybe it was the work permit all along. If that's the case we were arranging this appointment for a while. 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Already been linked with elite players like pau torres an d danjuma. Torres is a step up from mings and konsa.

Danjuma is a step up form watkins.

If this is the level of signings we can expect its going to be very exciting

Aren't these just lazy "manager moves, goes back to old club for signings" links? Though it's  undoubtedly a step up from Ryan Kent. 

I'm almost more excited about his ability to get more out of the existing squad. Has felt less than the sum of its parts for a good while

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

“Best manager we could have got”. Can people stop saying this.? We’ve got one of the Elite. He’s 3rd or 4th in the league. And he’s ours. 

I don't think Emery is elite. 

He is known as an europa league coach doing best with underdog clubs rather than the huge clubs with expectations to win. 

He had only won one league title and that was with PSG. 

He is probably in the category just below elite but I'm excited to see what he can achieve here and if he can take us into Europe. 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Pochetinno and Tuchel are considered Elite but Emery was better than both at PSG. 

I don't look at either of these as elite though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Also there were some real ITK information from 4/5 days ago saying Emery couldn't leave his job until November. It's not that he couldn't leave maybe it was the work permit all along. If that's the case we were arranging this appointment for a while. 

I imagine we went for Amirom to nudge him towards a decision. This has been weeks of not months in the making. The board is too methodical for it to be reactionary. 

It’s funny isn’t it but I haven’t seen one negative comment on here or on any social media platform to this appointment. Usually you see or two reservations or a counter argument at least. Just seems everyone is on board with this. Truly amazing.

What more can NSWE do to try and bring success? We have all the ingredients now surely. 

• Like 1

As a one-eyed Villa fan, I don't really follow any other football news if it doesn't mention the Villa. I couldn't tell you who manages who in the Prem league let alone European teams. So, I had to do my research on who this new manager is and what he has achieved. Love what I am reading, we seem to have got a manager who is the real deal and probably the best manager CV that we have employed in all my years as a supporter. IMO opinion this shows that our owners have come to their senses, put their money where their mouth is and deserve some praise and acknowledgement for this signing  

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

Â