Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I wonder if we're going to buy Sporting Lisbon, Telegraph said that we're in talks with two European clubs to add to NSWE's portfolio, we've previously been linked to Vitoria Marcus Stewart's old club.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I wonder if we're going to buy Sporting Lisbon, Telegraph said that we're in talks with two European clubs to add to NSWE's portfolio, we've previously been linked to Vitoria Marcus Stewart's old club.

I can deny it was my former club. Closest to that would be Snobs 😉

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking from the outside in, and fan reactions re Amorim.

Should genuinely show you how fickle and ridiculous we all are as Football fans ffs.

As I said in the old thread, I'll take talent over so-called experience any day. So many chancers making a living off the fact they've been in the game for a good period.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

If we buy Sporting, maybe we don’t have to pay compensation for Amorim. I like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daft said:

Must have been that pass over the sideline when not even under pressure that sealed the deal. 😅

For me it was that diving header attempt that nearly went for a throw from 8 yards out when all he needed to do was side foot it in. I'd have subbed immediately paid off his contract and told him to gtfo that second 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking from the outside in, and fan reactions re Amorim. ( From Sporting fans and ours )

Should genuinely show you how fickle and ridiculous we all are as Football fans ffs.

My reaction to Amorim is that we'd be taking the same gamble we took with Gerrard.

Yes, he may have a few more things going for him, but he's still managing in an inferior league, he's never managed in England, let alone the Premier league, and he's really really young. 

I won't be upset if we appoint him, but I will be far more reserved in my expectations of him than I was with Gerrard. 

I'd rather we went with someone like Tuchel or my first choice Emery.  Yes yes yes , it's still a gamble, but it's less of one, and we really can afford to lose on our next appointment. Relegation awaits if we do.

Is that fickle or ridiculous?

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

My reaction to Amorim is that we'd be taking the same gamble we took with Gerrard.

Yes, he may have a few more things going for him, but he's still managing in an inferior league, he's never managed in England, let alone the Premier league, and he's really really young. 

I won't be upset if we appoint him, but I will be far more reserved in my expectations of him than I was with Gerrard. 

I'd rather we went with someone like Tuchel or my first choice Emery.  Yes yes yes , it's still a gamble, but it's less of one, and we really can afford to lose on our next appointment. Relegation awaits if we do.

Oh no i agree.

I'm speaking on the clamour for him prior the Sportings game.

Then the meltdown by Sporting fans when they went into the half at the break, and our fans suddenly saying he's a loser.

Then the back to being brilliant after they turned it around.

I'm just saying in general, as football fans, we aren't very stable or reasonable at all haha

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

In Rodgers three full seasons at Leicester they have finished 5th/5th/8th. Won the FA Cup with them in 2021. That is some record. No doubt there has been a steady drop off over the last 14 months but that has coincided with Leicester tightening their belts, their better players being sold and a number of their players aging.

He is still relatively young in managerial terms at 49 but has plenty of experience in the Premier League and at big clubs, Liverpool and Celtic, with big expectations. Plays a decent brand of football. I think he ticks a lot of boxes for us and I think he is gettable. 

I think Rodgers needs time off a bit like Howe at Bournemouth. He has ability but needs a break

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If it was amorim or emery then I'd agree

But I don't think it will be, I think it will be more amorim or Rodgers, Nuno, Rafa, Parker, Dyche etc etc then I'd rather we took the gamble

Said before I'm not really worried about relegation, this squad is good enough, it's miles away from what happened before, it just needs someone semi competent and some motivation and confidence and that will be enough for now

• Like 1

£25 million just to have a young manager? Nobody can be that good. I'd love Villa to have a 70% win rate - but this is Villa, we will have setbacks and this guy has no track record of overcoming anything, it's all been gravy so far.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh no i agree.

I'm speaking on the clamour for him prior the Sportings game.

Then the meltdown by Sporting fans when they went into the half at the break, and our fans suddenly saying he's a loser.

Then the back to being brilliant after they turned it around.

I'm just saying in general, as football fans, we aren't very stable or reasonable at all haha

Gotya. I'm assuming most on here aren't being serious and having a bit of fun (hard to do much else with football and villa at the moment). That said, yes, we are generally a fickle bunch. 

We just didn't like Gerrard. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

£25 million just to have a young manager? Nobody can be that good. I'd love Villa to have a 70% win rate - but this is Villa, we will have setbacks and this guy has no track record of overcoming anything, it's all been gravy so far.

Well he had 77% win rate with Braga, who aren’t one of the Big 3. Which is why Sporting paid €10m for him.

• Like 2