Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yeah!  Let's follow up Gerrard with a manager that has even less experience...  That's a great idea!!!

Less experience? 
He won 14 trophies including 2 south american champions league in 8 years! 

Just now, trillvillan said:

I'd really like this if we were in a better position overall as a club. 

I just think him only coaching in Argentina is an issue, and the media would try and eat him alive 

Poch Likes To Party GIF | Gfycat

They didnt for Poch when he come over here with his translator.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Remember though, a big name manager at smaller club doesn't always necessarily work out. I'm thinking Ancelotti at Everton or Jose at Spurs etc.

This. 

We gotta find someone who aligns with us and is willing to walk thru the fire to accomplish what we want to accomplish as a club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

I'd really like this if we were in a better position overall as a club. 

I just think him only coaching in Argentina is an issue, and the media would try and eat him alive 

I’d appoint Marcelo Bielsa and Marcelo Gallardo can be his understudy and take over after a season and move Bielsa upstairs. Done close the thread I’ve solved it all.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Nassef Sawiris & Wes Edens are prepared to pay one of the highest salaries in the Premier League to land an elite coach. "

Lifted so can't link

Lifted from who ? Bill on Twitter or insta ?

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Poch Likes To Party GIF | Gfycat

They didnt for Poch when he come over here with his translator.

He was at Espanyol and Southampton before he really made his break thru with Spurs tho. 

I think thats much different than River Plate. Don't get me wrong - I like the shout. Just don't think its the right time where we are currently standing to make that gamble. 

3 minutes ago, smg said:

Lifted from who ? Bill on Twitter or insta ?

Daily Mail, but at the time, the quote was on Facebook.

Sportsmail understands the Midlands club, owned by billionaires Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, have already started to assess possible replacements and are prepared to pay one of the highest salaries in the Premier League to land an elite coach.

The pair are known to admire Mauricio Pochettino, the former Tottenham boss, and have targeted the Argentine in the event of a change.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11338153/Aston-Villa-assessing-possible-Steven-Gerrard-replacements-3-0-defeat-Fulham.html

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

You clearly didn't read the tweet or get the joke from @Tom13... It was about Martin Demichelis not Gallardo...

Could of meant Marcelo Gallardo. He's available , depends on how you read it

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's Villa. Whatever we do we are bound to piss it up. If we were owned by an Arab oil state and had Guardiola as head coach we would still probably be treading water in mid table.

That's the good ole' VillaTalk optimism I've been missing!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1