Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Makes no sense going from spurs, psg to Villa.

As much as I would love for it to happen this simply isn't happening.

David Ornstein mentioned on The Overlap about a month ago that he thought Pochettino would consider us and explained his reasoning (Edit - misremembered slightly, it was two of the others that explained their reasoning, Ornstein just said he thought he'd consider it with the owner's amibition).

I think his stint at PSG has put a question mark next to his name for the top clubs about whether he can handle big names that he hasn't nurtured into being those players, and it makes sense he may need to "prove" himself again.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

8 minutes ago, Dale said:

Think we're a damn good place to rebuild your credentials. At PSG its very difficult to surpass expectations, at villa Gerrard has managed those right down, he can clear it a long way and look good in the process. We have a high ceiling! 

Really? Look at our recent history. We are not a good place to rebuild ahit, much less a manager career lmao

1 minute ago, daft said:

Really? Look at our recent history. We are not a good place to rebuild ahit, much less a manager career lmao

I mean. We've largely recruited poor coaches... A good one would be good. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

FWIW, that lyric account is saying it won’t happen.

Well, things can change so you don't know.

He has also been saying Unai Emery became front runner.

Another account has just said well apparoach Tuchel and Emery as well.

I feel " approaches " have all been done though.

Who knows really.

Even if we don't get Pochettino these reports are still good news just for the fact it tells us that we're actually looking to make a change and looking at an high profile replacement whether it ends up being Maur or someone else, Tuchel and Emery also mentioned in the article.

• Like 2

Just now, Dale said:

I like how you think. 😅

I think best one we've had (in the PL) in recent times was MON. But we always felt a bit like a team punching above our weight with him, IMO. 

But yeah, it would be nice to have a proven manager with the ability to give us purpose and identity. MON did that well I feel.

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

To be fair in my 35 years supporting villa there's only Taylor that's gone on to do something better, none at club level

Yes we've got a lot wrong but at the same time we're a manager graveyard

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Even if we don't get Pochettino these reports are still good news just for the fact it tells us that we're actually looking to make a change and looking at an high profile replacement whether it ends up being Maur or someone else, Tuchel and Emery also mentioned in the article.

Agreed. Downside is it can all be either click bait shit flinging from journos or a 'oyster, mate I need some morale lifting articles published, you up for it'-shenanigans from the club just to keep the wolves at bay.

I swear to God, these guys plants fake stories sometimes just to be in the news or 'send a message'.

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, daft said:

I like how you think. 😅

I think best one we've had (in the PL) in recent times was MON. But we always felt a bit like a team punching above our weight with him, IMO. 

But yeah, it would be nice to have a proven manager with the ability to give us purpose and identity. MON did that well I feel.

I think Dean was a far better coach for us than MON. 

MoN inherited a club in a better place, and signed some decent players and a huge amount of dross, could've should've is where I'd put him (never hit the target, breaking the top 4), also was a tbrowback who's time was running out in terms of approach from day 1 at the club.

Prior to Dean; Gregory, Little, Atkinson were all decent for us! 

• Like 3

Just now, daft said:

Agreed. Downside is it can all be either click bait shit flinging from journos or a 'oyster, mate I need some morale lifting articles published, you up for it'-shenanigans from the club just to keep the wolves at bay.

I swear to God, these guys plants fake stories sometimes just to be in the news or 'send a message'.

Time will tell.

Not saying it’s true or not but I’d hope the fact Matt Law is a Villa fan means he wouldn’t put his name to article of that type.

On the topic of Matt Law, he did post a cryptic ‘🤔’ tweet over the last week 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair in my 35 years supporting villa there's only Taylor that's gone on to do something better, none at club level

Yes we've got a lot wrong but at the same time we're a manager graveyard

This century - I'd say Dean was our only truly successful appointment. We were good under MON at times, but ultimately he failed in his remit of breaking the top 4...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Not saying it’s true or not but I’d hope the fact Matt Law is a Villa fan means he wouldn’t put his name to article of that type.

On the topic of Matt Law, he did post a cryptic ‘🤔’ tweet over the last week 

Don't think I know who that is. Problem is, it could well be that it's true, butvas Lyric said, they might be behind the ball and reporting old News and will soon get to Puchs rebuff of our advance.

Just saying there could be many possible explanations.